Expired

phone and broadband with out direct debit

Found 29th Aug 2012
does anybody know of a decent phone and broadband company that lets you pay on a weekly card,i only have a basic bank account and can not do direct debit. Thanks for any help and advice.

15 Comments

Banned

Doubt you will get any companies who will do that for you, do you have somone who can take it out in their name that would trust you, or can't you upgrade your account, although I'm pretty sure basic bank accounts allow direct debits.

not without paying surcharges.... you should checkout the Step account from Natwest very basic account and ability to do DD

get a real bank account, how do live if you can't do basic things like direct debit?

KingBenneth

Looks like the Post Office could … Looks like the Post Office could help?http://www.postoffice.co.uk/broadband-phone/home-phone-broadband/home-phone/details

well spotted

You can get a basic bank account from every bank in the UK it is the law.

Check out the Halifax easy account, nat west do one too.

I have a "basic" bank account, it's just like any other bank account except I don't have overdraft facilities.. which is why I went for the basic one anyway... can still do direct debits,standing orders, internet banking, bank transfers etc etc.

Co-op cashminder account is pretty good as well.

Banned

OP is after phone and broadband information not banking help.

Virgin Media Dont Require Direct Debit but they do Charge £5 a month for the privilege
Edited by: "v10420668" 29th Aug 2012

Virgin will allow payment on receipt of monthly bill but costs additional £5 - that's how I've recently signed up for broadband only. If that helps.

KingBenneth

OP is after phone and broadband information not banking help.

He/she is, but it is the inability to use the Direct Debit system that is causing the problem.(_;)

Banned

Inactive

He/she is, but it is the inability to use the Direct Debit system that is … He/she is, but it is the inability to use the Direct Debit system that is causing the problem.(_;)

Let them deal with that. It's their own stupidity.

Barclays offer a good basic bank account.
Also as someone pointed out post office will prob be your best bet but they are strict with credit scoring.
Post a comment
@
    Text