Groups

Phone Bill

My landline phone bill came to £45 for the month. Inc. line rental.

There are mobile contracts about offering unlimited texts and minutes for £30 and less per month.

Would it be possible for me to take out this mobile contract, but set it up so the phone calls are forwarded to my landline?

8 Comments

Seems a bit pointless to forward all calls from your mobile to your landline as you don't get charged for incoming calls, so you wouldn't save anything.

O2 offer a service called mobile landline (or landline anywhere) or something like that which gives other people a landline number to ring and you just pay around £10 a month.

...on top of your normal rental. Plus you can take your existing 01 or 02 number over to them, just remember you need a landline for your broadband.

Seriously why would you want calls forwarded to your landline .?.

Original Poster

tonyg1962;7882623

Seriously why would you want calls forwarded to your landline .?.

So instead of paying the £45+ phone bill, i can take out the £30 a month sim only contract which covers me for unlimited usage.

Why not just let people ring your landline? and use the mobile to call out? simples

Banned

h_360;7883093

So instead of paying the £45+ phone bill, i can take out the £30 a month s … So instead of paying the £45+ phone bill, i can take out the £30 a month sim only contract which covers me for unlimited usage.

you dont pay to receive calls, your £45 bill is for making calls not receiving then :?

Original Poster

sassie;7883136

you dont pay to receive calls, your £45 bill is for making calls not … you dont pay to receive calls, your £45 bill is for making calls not receiving then :?

:?: :?

You want to ditch your land line in favour for a mobile contract, but then have the mobile forward to your landline number?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions