Expired

Phone cable from Sky box to phoneline

8 replies
Found 18th Jan 2009
Hi, I need the cable that goes from the back of the Sky box to the phone socket, preferably 4-5 metres as it needs to go from the one bedroom to the next

Thanks in advance for any replies

8 Comments

As far as i know it's just a normal phone cable.

Tr wilkinsons, they are usually cheap for that sort of thing. If you are getting sky newly fitted they usually run a cable for you. They have every time for us with no prob, last time they ran it from daughters bedroom right thru upstairs and down into the front of the house, which is alot further than four metres.

poundland

Just had the VERY same problem...got ours from Woolie before it closed, but seen them in Poundland too (as suggested by bassman) :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Got it already, but want to go from a FTV box to multi-room, (Sky say I must have a phone cable to firstly get the blank card sorted, then the two callbacks a month they say they preform is the reason it then needs to be wired up permanently)

Will try Wilko's, hopefully won't be that expensive!

Original Poster

...Also thanks for the replies, very much appreciated

You don't have to have the box connected all the time. Just plug it in once a month and go into services and change the 1570 bit (or something similar.its been a while since i did this)and it will do a call back to sky.

This was what sky told me to do when I had builders in. :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75856
    2. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
    4. Win free gin for a year99

See more discussions