Phone calls to Ireland..

Found 28th Jan 2010
I need to call ireland, both voice and landlines quite often...

What is the cheapest way of doing this please????

I assume some sort of VOIP setup??

16 Comments

Banned

primus is my call provider and i get free evening and weekend calls to landlines primussaver.co.uk/cal…tml

i then use 1899 and/or 18185.co.uk/ind…php for my other calls, or 1280 back to bt if that is cheaper

We pay £0.005 per minute on landline. I'll add the number in a minute.

Sorry, I don't remember the company we use that issues this number.

Edit: Found it ]TeleSavers

http://i50.tinypic.com/1zgx5le.jpg

[url]www.vonage.co.uk[/url]

Original Poster

Predikuesi;7679675

We pay £0.005 per minute on landline. I'll add the number in a … We pay £0.005 per minute on landline. I'll add the number in a minute.08442007575Sorry, I don't remember the company we use that issues this number.

yeah but ringing 0844 will cost me a bit...?

Banned

Predikuesi;7679675

We pay £0.005 per minute on landline. I'll add the number in a … We pay £0.005 per minute on landline. I'll add the number in a minute.08442007575Sorry, I don't remember the company we use that issues this number.

here is a list cheapestinternationalcalls.com/Che…ine

Chiptivo;7679703

yeah but ringing 0844 will cost me a bit...?

From a mobile yes, unless you have free minutes.
From a landline it will cost you the price of the call per minute - half penny.

Original Poster

sassie;7679713

here is a list … here is a list http://www.cheapestinternationalcalls.com/CheapestCalls.asp?country=Ireland&calltype=landline

That is pretty good, no accounts to setup...

Many thanks... Rep

Banned

Predikuesi;7679729

From a mobile yes, unless you have free minutes.From a landline it will … From a mobile yes, unless you have free minutes.From a landline it will cost you the price of the call per minute - half penny.

isnt there also a bt call up set up fee for each phone call

sassie;7679795

isnt there also a bt call up set up fee for each phone call

Most of the ones on the list don't involve a set up fee.

Banned

Predikuesi;7679816

Most of the ones on the list don't involve a set up fee.

well i just had a look at telesaver and bt charge a set up fee of 5p per call, and remember this charged even if the person doesnt answer, as is the 0.5p per minute

Your service provider also usually charges a minimum charge or connection fee for each call; for example BT applies a 5p minimum charge. NTL charges a 5p connection fee and Telewest a 6p connection fee for 08 numbers and 10p for 09 numbers. For other networks please contact your service provider.

hence why bt isnt my call provider, and hasnt been for years

sassie;7679854

well i just had a look at telesaver and bt charge a set up fee of 5p per … well i just had a look at telesaver and bt charge a set up fee of 5p per call, and remember this charged even if the person doesnt answer, as is the 0.5p per minuteYour service provider also usually charges a minimum charge or connection fee for each call; for example BT applies a 5p minimum charge. NTL charges a 5p connection fee and Telewest a 6p connection fee for 08 numbers and 10p for 09 numbers. For other networks please contact your service provider.hence why bt isnt my call provider, and hasnt been for years

Thanks sassie. I'll have to read the small print in future:) I still think it is loads cheaper for us though since my wife phones her mother and sister in Ireland every night. We only use telesavers if she exhausts my free minutes on my mobile (I use Telediscount on that and am not charged a set up fee by Orange for some reason).

Banned

if you phone calls are going to be long then i would say it is going to be worth it, but if you make alot of short calls, probably not

sassie;7679928

if you phone calls are going to be long then i would say it is going to … if you phone calls are going to be long then i would say it is going to be worth it, but if you make alot of short calls, probably not

She's Irish - so has the gift of the gab .... so my wallet says it's worth it:-D

i suggest vonage.co.uk , you get a seperate telephone number with unlimited calls to ireland, usa, canada, austrailia etc... for a fixed fee monthly, very reliable in my opinion

Original Poster

Hi

I am using a number on here, so it costs me half a penny a minute.

Quick question.... What is the standard BT charge to Ireland, so I can work out what I am saving..??
Post a comment
@
    Text