Phone choice - new to android but time to leave apple...

Posted 3rd Jan
Hi
I'm currently and have always been an iPhone user, but due to the very high costs I really can't afford to pay £75+ for the iPhone Pro max (thst would be the only iPhone I'd use put the selection)

So I'm taking the leap and looking for to move to android.. Never had one or used one before, I'm ok with tech so will slowly get used to it and find ways around the little things I'd miss.

The questions is... P30 Pro or Note 10+ 5g

Im not fussed about how much as I know both are alot cheaper than the iPhone over the 12/18/24 month period, but the decision is which do I go for.. YouTube vids only help so much but if any users have these and can either help sway me or put me off would be great unless someone can point me in the direction of a deal I really can't say no to

(right now it's p30 Pro is £36 a month for and Note 10+ for £53 a month, both with £49 upfront and 24 month deal) it's the which one in unsure of though
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Why would you only consider the Pro Max, is a telephoto lens that vital to you? The standard iphone 11 is a much better phone that others you mention.
27 Comments
Why would you only consider the Pro Max, is a telephoto lens that vital to you? The standard iphone 11 is a much better phone that others you mention.
Have you looked at getting the note 10+ direct from samsung? It could work out a bit cheaper doing that and then getting a sim only.

Plus you can trade your old one in towards it
Can't the iPhone you want be had for £50+ a month the same as what you're willing to pay for the note 10+?
Don't change to android, you will regret it. People say they do the same job etc which is true, but they slow down and crash far more than an iPhone and I speak from experience.
Not sure why the hate for Android / Samsung! I've been running Android for the last 7/8 years. I've briefly had an iPhone in that period of time once, but absolutely despised the 'locked down' nature of it. In the last two years I've had a OnePlus 7T, Pixel 3, Samsung S10e and a P30 Pro. Ultimately I've settled on the S10e and love it. I can only assume that critics of Samsung are referring to having owned older handsets, whereby their TouchWiz software was god-awful. Since OneUI and especially the OneUI 2, their software has been excellent.

Regarding 'crashing' on Android. Never had it once. Genuinely.

With regards to the two phones you've mentioned, you won't go wrong with either. Having owned the P30 Pro myself, it's an amazing phone. The Note 10+ is one of the best phones currently on the market and the Samsung software is one of the best.

Also worth looking at OnePlus, you get a lot of phone for your money!
Azwipe03/01/2020 12:16

Why would you only consider the Pro Max, is a telephoto lens that vital to …Why would you only consider the Pro Max, is a telephoto lens that vital to you? The standard iphone 11 is a much better phone that others you mention.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Makes no sense
I love my Huawei

I am currently trying a iPhone, but I think I prefer android
I’m going to assume a few things here and on that basis conclude that you won’t like Android compared to iOS
Azwipe03/01/2020 12:16

Why would you only consider the Pro Max, is a telephoto lens that vital to …Why would you only consider the Pro Max, is a telephoto lens that vital to you? The standard iphone 11 is a much better phone that others you mention.

Way some people are, once they tried android and regret, it’s funny...
I couldn’t switch to an android so your brave but from them 2 phones I would opt for the Samsung
I’m completely invested in the Apple environment with Mac, iPad Pro and iPhone XS, but I always keep my toe in the android space and run one alongside. In all honesty I am absolutely happy to switch now apart from one thing and that’s iCloud. No matter what I try nothing works as seamlessly as this with your other Apple stuff. Syncing google photos gets you 95% of the way there mind. Right now I’m running a Redmi note 8 pro alongside the Xs
Sir.Charles03/01/2020 12:19

Don't change to android, you will regret it. People say they do the same …Don't change to android, you will regret it. People say they do the same job etc which is true, but they slow down and crash far more than an iPhone and I speak from experience.

I would say sometimes it comes down to luck, the two iPhones I've had were enough to put me off them for life.

The two best phones I had were the Nexus 5 and 6P

I'm now using a Xiaomi Note 7, and it's as good as my Xs Max that cost almost ten times the price.

Samsung phones are the worst though, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

Last time I charged my phone was 3 days 17 hrs ago, and I'm at 29% it's brilliant.
Bigfootpete03/01/2020 17:07

I would say sometimes it comes down to luck, the two iPhones I've had were …I would say sometimes it comes down to luck, the two iPhones I've had were enough to put me off them for life. The two best phones I had were the Nexus 5 and 6PI'm now using a Xiaomi Note 7, and it's as good as my Xs Max that cost almost ten times the price.Samsung phones are the worst though, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.Last time I charged my phone was 3 days 17 hrs ago, and I'm at 29% it's brilliant.

I always see adverts for the Xiaomi on my phone, but I’ve never heard of it, so I’ve always ignored them, might take a look
Half my family have iphones, the other half have android. Plenty of the iPhone lot have had plenty of problems with software, crashes, dodgy battery life etc. Same with Android. It's a phone. I have no problem with people preferring apple to Android and visa versa but find it ridiculous how people get so dismissive/defensive about the other side. Most people seem to only use their phones to browse social media and take photos of their food/dog/cat/face, you can do that with almost anything! Pretty hard to buy a bad phone these days. If you're invested in apple ecosystem or prefer apple, go apple and be happy. If you'd rather Android and the flexibility there, go android. If you don't mind either, mix it up, you can always try the other side next time.
Edited by: "RadiantDuck" 3rd Jan
RadiantDuck03/01/2020 18:31

Half my family have iphones, the other half have android. Plenty of the …Half my family have iphones, the other half have android. Plenty of the iPhone lot have had plenty of problems with software, crashes, dodgy battery life etc. Same with Android. It's a phone. I have no problem with people preferring apple to Android and visa versa but find it ridiculous how people get so dismissive/defensive about the other side. Most people seem to only use their phones to browse social media and take photos of their food/dog/cat/face, you can do that with almost anything! Pretty hard to buy a bad phone these days. If you're invested in apple ecosystem or prefer apple, go apple and be happy. If you'd rather Android and the flexibility there, go apple. If you don't mind either, mix it up, you can always try the other side next time.

did you make a mistake , or are you saying definitely go apple?
Mendoza03/01/2020 18:44

did you make a mistake , or are you saying definitely go apple?

Made a mistake! I'll get off my soapbox and proof read more! Thanks!
You talk about high costs but your choices still are £500+. Guess the definition of "high" is different for me.
Mate 20 pro.....thank me later
Look at phones like the oneplus 7t pro, stunning phone. Budget minded? look to Xiaomi mi 9t pro. That's the great thing with Android its open to anyone and everything. If you don't like a certain apple device your stuck with it till they release another. Decide what you want in a mobile, you'll definitely find something you want/need.
Mendoza03/01/2020 17:58

I always see adverts for the Xiaomi on my phone, but I’ve never heard of i …I always see adverts for the Xiaomi on my phone, but I’ve never heard of it, so I’ve always ignored them, might take a look

They are the fifth biggest manufacturer behind Oppo and then Apple, but not by much, it's 12, 9 and 8% of the market. Samsung way up there followed by Huawei, but I'm not a fan of the Huawei operating system, has too much of their own apps that captures all sorts of info.
Mendoza03/01/2020 17:58

I always see adverts for the Xiaomi on my phone, but I’ve never heard of i …I always see adverts for the Xiaomi on my phone, but I’ve never heard of it, so I’ve always ignored them, might take a look

I have the Xiaomi Mi A2 lite and for a phone costing just over £100 it is great, compares well with mu Huawei at 5 times the price.
Laura joined yesterday and hasn't replied to anyone yet, :/ :/ :/

Just to add, im leaving android to iPhone 11 guys.
Misslovely04/01/2020 09:10

Laura joined yesterday and hasn't replied to anyone yet, :/ :/ :/ Just …Laura joined yesterday and hasn't replied to anyone yet, :/ :/ :/ Just to add, im leaving android to iPhone 11 guys.

Apologies if I didn't reply, (first day back at work for the new year) or the fact that I'm new to being a member to discuss rather than just viewing or leaving deal hunting to someone else in the family.

I was asking for advice or help, I didn't really want to start messaging back to everyone or each message arguing or contradicting each message by saying but what about this phone and feature or that phone and feature.

But im sure you didn't mean that as in, she's left a message and gone and done one. I try to stay away from the site at times, not because it's a bad site but it costs me more money everytime I see something and think oh that's a bargain a should buy lol
Laura127904/01/2020 10:35

Apologies if I didn't reply, (first day back at work for the new year) or …Apologies if I didn't reply, (first day back at work for the new year) or the fact that I'm new to being a member to discuss rather than just viewing or leaving deal hunting to someone else in the family.I was asking for advice or help, I didn't really want to start messaging back to everyone or each message arguing or contradicting each message by saying but what about this phone and feature or that phone and feature.But im sure you didn't mean that as in, she's left a message and gone and done one. I try to stay away from the site at times, not because it's a bad site but it costs me more money everytime I see something and think oh that's a bargain a should buy lol

Alot of people don't reply but just create a question thread . I was going to reply then i was searching for your reply randomly but then i didn't see any then im like, errm ok she's probably done one now as its apple vs android again.

You will buy alot of things from here, trust me
Misslovely04/01/2020 09:10

Laura joined yesterday and hasn't replied to anyone yet, :/ :/ :/ Just …Laura joined yesterday and hasn't replied to anyone yet, :/ :/ :/ Just to add, im leaving android to iPhone 11 guys.

Would you share with us why your leaving android? As I’m looking to the opposite of you
Sir.Charles03/01/2020 12:19

Don't change to android, you will regret it. People say they do the same …Don't change to android, you will regret it. People say they do the same job etc which is true, but they slow down and crash far more than an iPhone and I speak from experience.

So do I, and I've never had the issues you describe.
Istanbul06/01/2020 09:29

Would you share with us why your leaving android? As I’m looking to the o …Would you share with us why your leaving android? As I’m looking to the opposite of you

S10+ failure with so called moisture detection. Was on charge and while u was using it with anker cable which was 2 month old, it randomly peeped and i could smell burn and Samsung didn't give a but wanted £350!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions