Phone contract

Posted 22nd Dec 2019
Hello there,
I've been looking to get a new phone since I just moved to UK almost 2 months ago and as for now the best idea seems to be a contract since getting a good phone will cost me too much for now. I used giffgaff for these 2 months and it seemed a lil bit scuffed not gonna lie. I was thinking of something in the £50-60 range with maybe a good network. I saw that Virgin (5000min and 100GB data) has the S10 Plus for £38.50 or £50.50 with insurance. Also Note 10 Plus for £55n but sadly not the 5G version.
I was looking for OnePlus 7Pro or 7t Pro Note 10+5G, S10+, Iphone 11 Pro since I won't look for a new one for at least 2 years.

Could you guys recommend some good deals/networks I should go with. Also will there be any deals on Christmas/Boxing day for contracts aswell?
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
I would definitely recommend registering with topcashback before.... As you should get a nice bonus from that when the time comes... Also check out affordablemobiles, mobiles. Co.uk and mobile phone direct as you get a much better deal from them than direct off the network
Try Tesco
If you've only been in the UK 2 months you might have a struggle getting through the credit check (ie, no credit history and not been on the electoral roll long enough). You might get a sim only...
Same as above...my lady as been with me 2 months next week from Philippines...wouldnt dare try to go for a contract phone yet...not been here anywhere long enough

And also they ask for 3 years where you have been living when applying for phone contact...so.not a chance
Edited by: "1988dave" 22nd Dec 2019
I think the virgin deals are a bit misleading as tend to be 36 month contracts. Would you be able to get a contract as they do a full credit check?
" I used giffgaff for these 2 months and it seemed a lil bit scuffed not gonna lie." Giff Gaff are owned by O2.
Besides the eligibility to get a contract as stated above, you may want to check other carriers provision/coverage in your area or the area most used by you ( home v work) suits your needs ie: check other PAYG sims.
If you want your peace of mind steer clear of Virgin, appalling customer service
as others have already said, a phone contract, even a sim contract will need a credit check and you will fail if you have only been in the country for 2 months as you need a credit history.
So is there any way I can pay in instalments somewhere? Or am I eligible for paypal credit at least or anything? Or I have to just buy it for full price and look for something cheaper?
Geokaxgod22/12/2019 17:23

So is there any way I can pay in instalments somewhere? Or am I eligible …So is there any way I can pay in instalments somewhere? Or am I eligible for paypal credit at least or anything? Or I have to just buy it for full price and look for something cheaper?

as you don't have a credit history you won't be able to raise credit, paypal credit will need a credit check like any other credit. your only option is to pay in full so wait for a deal to come up as phones can be quite cheap if it comes through a deal.
I see, thanks a lot for the help. Let's hope I can find something decent maybe on Christmas or Boxing day

What network would you guys recommend for a sim only deal tho? Mostly zone 1-4 traveling for work and I live in zone 5.
Edited by: "Geokaxgod" 22nd Dec 2019
Geokaxgod22/12/2019 18:30

I see, thanks a lot for the help. Let's hope I can find something decent …I see, thanks a lot for the help. Let's hope I can find something decent maybe on Christmas or Boxing day

there are a lot of deals flagged up on this site and i have bought high end mobile phones on sale that are cheaper than i would get on contract. just keep an eye on the deal section and you won't have to wait for long.
Have a look at mobiles.co.uk
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants