phone contract ending - forward steps/retention advice

Found 8th Mar
so the other half's phone contract is coming to an end next month with 3. FINALLY!!

now i know despite the fact the contract is ending that you are still required to give them 30 days notice to state you actually wish to terminate it.
at the moment have the s7 edge & arent desperate for an upgrade so ideally would be after 3 to offer decent sim only deal.
can anyone offer any advice on how to best move forward in trying to secure a good deal? I think we need to contact the retentions department, or the department for cancelling who should then hopefully forward us to retentions. I believe this can only be done over the phone? My issue with phoning them is that there's then no proof of actually stating you want the contract to end & should they continue to charge you past the end date? At least if I did it over chat I can screen shot the manuscript (since i think the option to email it to yourself has been removed!)

oh, it doesnt help that the other half will also be abroad when the current contract actually runs out.
Community Updates
AskPhones
6 Comments
You can get an app to record the conversation if required.
If you take on a new deal they text you the details (you then have 14 days to cancel the new deal)
Or if you are leaving you will get your PAC code which when you use it ends your contract.
Mobilesphonedirect have a very good deal I think it was £9 for 12 gb and unlimited mins/text after cash back
Same with me ,rang o2 after 4 years and give 39 days and they basically don’t care if you leave or stay . I git no deal so left
My contract was up with 3, just got a sim only deal with them as happy with phone, I got advanced plan 8gb data 600 mins, rolling monthly contract for £10 a month, I mentioned if they could beat virgin mobiles 6gb for 10 pound and they did
Sorry to clarify, just mention you want to move to a sim only deal, I did mine on online chat and was surprised they did it that way as usually chat tells you to call 333
gvb676 h, 27 m ago

My contract was up with 3, just got a sim only deal with them as happy …My contract was up with 3, just got a sim only deal with them as happy with phone, I got advanced plan 8gb data 600 mins, rolling monthly contract for £10 a month, I mentioned if they could beat virgin mobiles 6gb for 10 pound and they did

Same as me
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants