phone contract ends tomorrow - help!

Posted 25th Nov
ugh so i've kinda left this until the last minute (despite numerous thread so sorry about that).
my contract ends tomorrow. i wanted to hang fire until black friday before making any decisions re what i'll tie into either a new 24 month contract on new device or simo.
it's not looking likely i'm gonna get the p30 deal i was hoping for (in fact it's actually increased in price!)
i havent given my notice to 3 yet as still unsure what i want to do & if i give notice to them i'll be forced to make some sort of decision.
ovbiously i don't plan on doing that long term as they'll continue to charge me my full amount.
my plan is to hang fire until friday (& hope for some miracle!)
- if there's a good p30 deal via 3rd party i'll just on that & just request PAC code from 3 which would terminate my contact i think? and i'd just be charged for the few days outwith contract extra
- if no good 3rd party deal then talk to 3 & see what they can offer as an upgrade re p30
- if 3 can't offer a good deal on the p30 then see what they can offer on simo
- if i take simo or upgrade with them then again i'll be charged a few days use of old contract & then into new one
- if 3 can't offer a good simo or p30 deal then & there's no good p30 deal elsewhere then i can just req my pac code from 3 & leave & i'll only be charged again the few days after contract end?

i'm reluctant to sign into a 12 month simo (whether via 3 or third party) mainly bc as soon as the p30 does price drop on contract im likely to bite, so dont want to end up paying multiple contracts. Would the only way to avoid this be move to payg temporarily?
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
Give notice get pac code then wait and see you don’t do anything contract rolls month to month..

Means your ready for all or most of the above choices
justanothercid25/11/2019 21:25

Give notice get pac code then wait and see you don’t do anything contract r …Give notice get pac code then wait and see you don’t do anything contract rolls month to month.. Means your ready for all or most of the above choices

i was told before i dont need to give 30 days notice anymore as long as outwith minimum term i can just req pac code to terminate.
if i give notice to 3 how can my contract keep rolling? won't they put me on a new contact?
also i don't want to keep paying my full contract price rolling month to month when my contract has now ended that's a waste of money
PAC code only terminates when you use it. If you don't use it, it expires, and your contract continues.
The biggest problem is that 3 don't reduce your contract to SIM only if you got a phone - unlike most other networks. And AIUI, you still need to give 30 days notice to end contract.
Once you've asked for the code, they'll pester the life out of you to stay. You can then mention the p30 and see what they can do.
Soon as you give your notice they will offer you a better deal. I got £9 per month, unlimited mins, texts 4gb data with o2. 12month contract.
You will be charged a month not just the few days
alg25/11/2019 21:45

PAC code only terminates when you use it. If you don't use it, it expires, …PAC code only terminates when you use it. If you don't use it, it expires, and your contract continues. The biggest problem is that 3 don't reduce your contract to SIM only if you got a phone - unlike most other networks. And AIUI, you still need to give 30 days notice to end contract.

that's annoying as i was told early that if you are outwith the minimum term you don't need to give 30 days notice.
might give them a ring tomorrow & see what the best they can offer is, will push for pac like i'm leaving in the hope that makes them generous lol
Scotland131425/11/2019 22:07

You will be charged a month not just the few days

little_green25/11/2019 22:08

that's annoying as i was told early that if you are outwith the minimum …that's annoying as i was told early that if you are outwith the minimum term you don't need to give 30 days notice...

Use of PAC immediately terminates the existing airtime arrangement and negates requirement for both the contractual notice period and its associated cost, assuming you are beyond the contractual minimum term.
Previous post is no doubt well-intentioned but incorrect. Quote OFCOM press release 28 June 2019
"...Ofcom has banned mobile providers from charging for notice periods running after the switch date."
ofcom.org.uk/abo…ing
little_green25/11/2019 22:08

that's annoying as i was told early that if you are outwith the minimum …that's annoying as i was told early that if you are outwith the minimum term you don't need to give 30 days notice. might give them a ring tomorrow & see what the best they can offer is, will push for pac like i'm leaving in the hope that makes them generous lol

You will only have to pay (possibly via refund) for the days you use, despite what some are saying.

Ofcom has banned mobile providers from charging for notice periods running after the switch date. This will save UK mobile customers a combined £10m each year.

ofcom.org.uk/abo…ing

EDIT: ha, was beaten by less than half a minute by exactly the same quote and link.
Edited by: "Ashe" 25th Nov
Phone 3 and get them to knock you down to sim only 30 day plan that way it will reduce your monthly bill until you can make up your mind,
Instead of the p30 why not get a mate 20 pro. It's better than the p30 and cheaper
Deals galore on 3 best advice sim only,
It baffles me why folks don't phone up and ask for a deal or else your going.
If you don't get through to retentions hang up and try again.
You just literally phone up and say you want to leave or cancel.
How hard is it to wait till Friday and give notice or go on a 1 month rolling contract, loads of different companies to choose from...
Bargainhead26/11/2019 06:10

How hard is it to wait till Friday and give notice or go on a 1 month …How hard is it to wait till Friday and give notice or go on a 1 month rolling contract, loads of different companies to choose from...

Where can I find rolling monthly contract s? Most seem to be tied into a contract
little_green26/11/2019 07:40

Where can I find rolling monthly contract s? Most seem to be tied into a …Where can I find rolling monthly contract s? Most seem to be tied into a contract

Yes they tied to a 1 month contract...

three.co.uk/Sto…nes

idmobile.co.uk/sho…wcB

they all do them a 20 second google search brings them up....
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants