Phone contract help

Found 29th Nov 2017
Anyone able to shed some light on this. I took out a phone contract with mpd on 24/11.
I got an email saying my contract start date was 27th so i assumed this would be the anniversary period for each monthly cycle ie 27th if each month my new allowances would start and it would be my billing date, but I've just logged into my 3 account & it says new monthly allowances starts in six days.... why would i get new allowances in 6 days when I've literally just started the contract.

anyone had any similar issues or able to clarify? do i contact 3 or mpd to clarify this?

This is my first phone contract so it's all new to me.
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
Whenever I've taken out a new contract there's usually a bit of overlap like this, so your first bill will be 5 weeks instead of 4 if that makes sense? It's completely normal nothing to worry about, it'll probably say somewhere on your contract they do it this way too.
lilymac4 m ago

Whenever I've taken out a new contract there's usually a bit of overlap …Whenever I've taken out a new contract there's usually a bit of overlap like this, so your first bill will be 5 weeks instead of 4 if that makes sense? It's completely normal nothing to worry about, it'll probably say somewhere on your contract they do it this way too.

As above, I think it also has something to do with what happens if you don't pay your bill/DD bounces. Along with being able to change your tariff up if required.
It depends on the Network, for example EE will restart every month based on the date when the contract started or when the Sim went live, where as Vodafone will refresh on the 1st of every month and retroactively charge for the days before and possibly the next month depending on what date the Contract started, it all kind of balances out over your contract.

It can also get more complicated if youve up or downgraded with the same Provider.
zirk29th Nov

It depends on the Network, for example EE will restart every month based …It depends on the Network, for example EE will restart every month based on the date when the contract started or when the Sim went live, where as Vodafone will refresh on the 1st of every month and retroactively charge for the days before and possibly the next month depending on what date the Contract started, it all kind of balances out over your contract.It can also get more complicated if youve up or downgraded with the same Provider.

it's with 3 & it's a new contract.
bit annoying that they have done this tbh as I didnt ask for an overlap period so bit cheeky they will then charge me extra for something i didnt request or require. But since the concensus seems it's the norm then i'll go with it & trust next month it'll sort itself out
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants