Groups

PHONE CONTRACT HELP PLEASE!!! will repp you :)

I have a contract with t mobile, still running
    (texts minutes, no internet)
    If i buy a iphone 3gs can i use my existing tmobile contract in it?
    and upgrade to add the internet on for so much extra a month?
    and would the internet work that way

dont understand what wi-fi or whatever it is is so please, answers less technical the better

13 Comments

i dont see why it wouldn't work.

But may be wrong.

Original Poster

borolad94;6133103

i dont see why it wouldn't work.But may be wrong.

thanks would it work with my tmobile contract sim or only 02? x

kerri_ thanks would it work with my tmobile contract sim or only 02? x

Original Poster

borolad94;6133122

is it unlocked? if so yes, if not no....

it probly wouldnt be if i bought it from 02, were can u get them unlocked?

kerri_ it probly wouldnt be if i bought it from 02, were can u get them unlocked?

i think to do it, you would need to jailbreak and unlock the iphone, and i might be wrong but if apple find out uve dne tht they can disable the phone :? i may be making this up but i think i read tht somewhere

hw long is left on ur tmobile contract?? and would u be buying the iphone on PAYG :?

Original Poster

micoo;6133149

i think to do it, you would need to jailbreak and unlock the iphone, and … i think to do it, you would need to jailbreak and unlock the iphone, and i might be wrong but if apple find out uve dne tht they can disable the phone :? i may be making this up but i think i read tht somewherehw long is left on ur tmobile contract?? and would u be buying the iphone on PAYG :?

about 3 months left on my tmob contract id have to buy it PAYG and then put it in my contract as i dont think 02 buy out of contracts and my contract atm is more minutes? xx

It will work if you buy the sim-free iphone from play.com.
    If you buy it from the o2 shop, yes it will have to be jail-breaked.

Original Poster

thanks all reppedx x

You'd definitely need to jail break (unlock) the iphone. Your T-mobile contract would then be fine to use. There are reports of apple disabling phones, and software malfunctions as a result of jail breaking but I know loads of people who've done it fine.

The unlocked sim free one (which you wouldn't need to jail break) costs £900ish I think.

Banned

this may get messy...............

how much is a bricked iPhone worth these days

i would wait until the end of your contract then switch to a o2 contract with the iphone,

it would work out cheaper if you had your original contract running at the same time as a new o2 contract with an iphone, and then cancel your tmobile contract in 3 months time, than buying an iphone unlocked.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Iphone 7 - What Case?617
      2. Large card print/poster..22
      3. Ps4 slim how much should I charge 2nd hand.68
      4. Jury service1823

See more discussions