Phone contract query

Found 5th Mar
Hi All,
I upgraded my phone in January to a Samsung Galaxy S8 and just haven't been getting on well with the phone since. I'm aware I'm well out of the 14 day returns policy and am now dealing with the very real scenario that I'm now going to be stuck with the phone for another 22 months.

I was really excited to try Android out again after a reasonable stint with Apple devices but I've found the following issues with this phone:
- The battery life is abysmal. I have to charge my phone at least twice, if not three times a day. I've looked into my battery settings and cannot see any reasonable explanation for this. I use the phone for WhatsApp, general internet browsing and social media.

- Apps tend to be quite sluggish or slow to respond after being tasked with simple things, swapping between apps seem to take quite some time to load and after pressing inputs such as home or the back button the phone tends to just hang or not respond for a few moments.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on something I could do?
Community Updates
AskPhones
13 Comments
Where did you buy it from take it back maybe it's got a duff battery or they have sold u a faulty phone these things shouldn't happen to it im using a s5 it runs fine unless u have loads of apps like 200+ and have got hardly any free memory left which I doubt for a phone couple of months old.
Edited by: "MynameisM" 5th Mar
You can try alot of things but this will be easiest for you as it's a new phone and high spec these issues shouldn't be there take it back and explain these problems to the shop or even your network they may swap you with a spare phone and test it .
Original Poster
MynameisM4 m ago

You can try alot of things but this will be easiest for you as it's a new …You can try alot of things but this will be easiest for you as it's a new phone and high spec these issues shouldn't be there take it back and explain these problems to the shop or even your network they may swap you with a spare phone and test it .

It was from Carphone Warehouse that I got it from. I really want to like it but just struggling with these issues I've only got a small number of apps installed outside of the core apps (probably about 20). It just seems to be bleeding battery all the time... It's dropped 2% just typing this!
beresface:

It was from Carphone Warehouse that I got it from. I really want to like it but just struggling with these issues I've only got a small number of apps installed outside of the core apps (probably about 20). It just seems to be bleeding battery all the time... It's dropped 2% just typing this!

Yes take it back to them then in mean time go in battery stats and see what's eating the battery up
33383215.jpgThis is mine roughly I been on hotukdeals for about 30-40 mins plus multiple websites still got a few hours off use left.
Edited by: "MynameisM" 5th Mar
Go into settings click on battery and usage.
Simple, stop using you’re phone!!
Xboxgamer32140 m ago

Simple, stop using you’re phone!!

U mayswell give him urs then.
Oh yes and the obvious u have cheked them haven't you the Bluetooth and location services sync are turned off and any others this may have extra ones that drain the battery post a screen shot and we can see if there's anything else
Original Poster
MynameisM2 h, 43 m ago

Go into settings click on battery and usage.

33384371-0X8Iv.jpgJust grabbed a screenshot now, I charged took the phone off charge at about 2pm so this should represent since then!
beresface28 m ago

[Image] Just grabbed a screenshot now, I charged took the phone off charge …[Image] Just grabbed a screenshot now, I charged took the phone off charge at about 2pm so this should represent since then!

Have you been using bet365 alot looks like that's using quite a bit also put ur screen brightness bit down if it's on full use the auto thing and put it too about middle.
Original Poster
A reasonable amount I guess, definitely something I could (and should!) cut back on I'll try play with the brightness settings too. I got a Samsung Gear fit 2 watch with the device which would need bluetooth to use, bit hesitant to use it as I expect it'll murder the battery?
If u reduce the screen brightness and turn on the power saving features u should hopefully get thorough the day like that what phone did u have before was that very good on battery vs this.
Original Poster
MynameisM1 h, 54 m ago

If u reduce the screen brightness and turn on the power saving features u …If u reduce the screen brightness and turn on the power saving features u should hopefully get thorough the day like that what phone did u have before was that very good on battery vs this.

I had an iPhone 7 previous to this. I admit it wasn't fantastic for battery either but it was only needing 1 charge a day!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants