Phone for hotmail

Found 30th Apr
Anyone know if i can phone hotmail and actually speak to someone?

A relative’s ex has changed all the passwords etc and cant get access to the account. Just want to block the email account.
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
As far as I know they only assist if you are a paying customer. eg: Office 365/Exchange Online/Outlook Premium.

If you use the 'Forgotten my password' link you can try resetting the password or oven 'temporarily' blocking the account.

The reset works via a registered alternative email address or mobile phone number that the owner of the account added when he/she first created the account. The blocking of an account is done by choosing 'I think someone else is using my Microsoft account' and answering a few questions correctly. After that the account is instantly locked and will not accept any old/current password until a new password is created for it via the alternative email address/mobile phone number on file.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 30th Apr
I’m not sure you can call them. Always best to have two step verification on. That way no one can access it.
What happens when you select forgot password and try to reset? Guess if they have switched on 2 factor you will be stuffed as they will be getting the rest on phone. You can contact Microsoft to reset passwords ect. Can't remember how but it will be on the website. When sorted If they want to play that game then beat them at it.
Edited by: "wayners" 30th Apr
SUMMONER21 m ago

As far as I know they only assist if you are a paying customer. eg: Office …As far as I know they only assist if you are a paying customer. eg: Office 365/Exchange Online/Outlook Premium.If you use the 'Forgotten my password' link you can try resetting the password or oven 'temporarily' blocking the account.The reset works via a registered alternative email address or mobile phone number that the owner of the account added when he/she first created the account. The blocking of an account is done by choosing 'I think someone else is using my Microsoft account' and answering a few questions correctly. After that the account is instantly locked and will not accept any old/current password until a new password is created for it via the alternative email address/mobile phone number on file.

Tired all that. The person who has hacked the email has changed everything including phone number so cant do a reset.

The person who has hacked it has changed every single possible account she got with other companys 😩. Nothing we can do as we cant access the email account. Police are useless in this case! Told is to ‘change the password’! idiots.
Oh.. Google. Hacked Hotmail account.. I just did as its the same thing. Someone (you know who) has hacked / taken over the account. There is a questionnaire you fill in online to recover the account.. Best change all other passwords to everything you can think of
SteMoss12 m ago

Tired all that. The person who has hacked the email has changed everything …Tired all that. The person who has hacked the email has changed everything including phone number so cant do a reset. The person who has hacked it has changed every single possible account she got with other companys 😩. Nothing we can do as we cant access the email account. Police are useless in this case! Told is to ‘change the password’! idiots.

I’d push the Police and ask to report Identity theft. If that falls in deaf ears ask for the complaints process.
While I’m all for the Police. They aren’t quite up to speed with modern crimes.
This person could quite possibly do a lot of damage, especially if maliciously minded.
The link I sent will get you in. You answer questions and Microsoft will look at it but takes 24 hours.. You need to use a pc or phone that has accessed account before as they will verify as you used that ip address before..
wayners3 m ago

The link I sent will get you in. You answer questions and Microsoft will …The link I sent will get you in. You answer questions and Microsoft will look at it but takes 24 hours.. You need to use a pc or phone that has accessed account before as they will verify as you used that ip address before..

Ive done all that but all the information has been changed so pointless filling the forms in. Thats why i need to speak to someone.
Oneday7712 m ago

I’d push the Police and ask to report Identity theft. If that falls in d …I’d push the Police and ask to report Identity theft. If that falls in deaf ears ask for the complaints process. While I’m all for the Police. They aren’t quite up to speed with modern crimes. This person could quite possibly do a lot of damage, especially if maliciously minded.

It falls on deaf ears, they really don’t understand the problem to be honest. SO much damage has already been done. 😩😩😩
Have you done a chat with Microsoft that's also on the link I sent you?
wayners1 h, 1 m ago

Have you done a chat with Microsoft that's also on the link I sent you?

Yes sorry, didn’t notice the live chat option at first! Spoke to them for 45mins, chat replies are very slow but basically someone is going to look at the account and get back to me. So thank you so much!
SUMMONER1 h, 54 m ago

As far as I know they only assist if you are a paying customer. eg: Office …As far as I know they only assist if you are a paying customer. eg: Office 365/Exchange Online/Outlook Premium.If you use the 'Forgotten my password' link you can try resetting the password or oven 'temporarily' blocking the account.The reset works via a registered alternative email address or mobile phone number that the owner of the account added when he/she first created the account. The blocking of an account is done by choosing 'I think someone else is using my Microsoft account' and answering a few questions correctly. After that the account is instantly locked and will not accept any old/current password until a new password is created for it via the alternative email address/mobile phone number on file.

You can force it to lock by repeatedly putting in wrong passwords/security questions etc
cmdr_elito4 m ago

You can force it to lock by repeatedly putting in wrong passwords/security …You can force it to lock by repeatedly putting in wrong passwords/security questions etc

This has been done a few times, but the person has all the info to get it unlocked! Grrr its so annoying! 😩
SteMoss9 m ago

This has been done a few times, but the person has all the info to get it …This has been done a few times, but the person has all the info to get it unlocked! Grrr its so annoying! 😩

I think reporting it as identity theft is probably the way to go, especially if they are impersonating you or have access to your personal data. It’s theft of your data.
33722890-iz8S4.jpg
Try reporting it by sending an email to that address
Or try filling this in account.live.com/acsr?mkt=en-US&mn

Used this to recover wife’s account ages ago when hacked, then put two factor on and changed security questions. Stopped them getting in again.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 30th Apr
@SteMoss cool. Can be stressful and upsetting. Hope it all gets sorted out.
SteMoss5 h, 48 m ago

Yes sorry, didn’t notice the live chat option at first! Spoke to them for 4 …Yes sorry, didn’t notice the live chat option at first! Spoke to them for 45mins, chat replies are very slow but basically someone is going to look at the account and get back to me. So thank you so much!

Make sure to ask Microsoft to inform you of any malicious emails that were sent to anyone and to delete any emails from their mailboxes. I believe they have the authority to do that.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants