Groups

Phone for internet browsing

Banned
    I use an orange 3100 (HTC..something) for the internet while out and about. It keeps crashing, and costs me getting good deals.

Thinking of upgrading - need fast internet on a mobile. Would like it to work on low signal strength. Like a QWERTY keyboard. Will I have to go for a HTC again?

12 Comments

Blackberry ?

you probably wont like this..but I would recommend Iphone for browsing....the best around.

blackberry wont cut it....

but you being on orange may result on the number of phones offered to you to be a bit restricted..in that..HTC maybe a good device to go for..

As i have said numerous times in these forums...Drop into a orange shop and ask for a working model of a phone to compare..you would be given that to try with a sim card..if not plug in your own.

If one shop doesnt have it then go to the next one....

Banned

touch hd matey

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm247/imranmaz/P3300485.jpg

Original Poster Banned

Not on Orange...I've unlocked it. I'm on Vodaphone.

Iphone - only the latest is 3G, and no keyboard...I'm not keen...

Rupee Man;5383519

you probably wont like this..but I would recommend Iphone for … you probably wont like this..but I would recommend Iphone for browsing....the best around.blackberry wont cut it....but you being on orange may result on the number of phones offered to you to be a bit restricted..in that..HTC maybe a good device to go for..As i have said numerous times in these forums...Drop into a orange shop and ask for a working model of a phone to compare..you would be given that to try with a sim card..if not plug in your own.If one shop doesnt have it then go to the next one....

I have a Blackberry and browsing the internet isn't a very pleasurable experience, though I just got an HTC Magic this week and it's amazing! I did have an iPhone and Android is every bit as good. Why not have a look at the G1? you really can't beat a touch screen for browsing the internet, plus it has the qwerty keyboard.

Original Poster Banned

JimmyW;5383568

I have a Blackberry and browsing the internet isn't a very pleasurable … I have a Blackberry and browsing the internet isn't a very pleasurable experience, though I just got an HTC Magic this week and it's amazing! I did have an iPhone and Android is every bit as good. Why not have a look at the G1? you really can't beat a touch screen for browsing the internet, plus it has the qwerty keyboard.

When is a new version out?

stevenpcurtis;5383604

When is a new version out?

New version of what? the g1?

Original Poster Banned

JimmyW;5383622

New version of what? the g1?

Are they going to update to a G2 anytime soon?

well..there are couple blackberries planned..but how long you will to wait..
    20 new models of Android phones planned this year too...

HTC image provided up on the top does look good....but I am like you...dont like touch screens..

I have a blackberry and its awful product for browsing...anyone who says otherwise doesnt bother me...

Well I don't know if they will "update" the G1 in a manner of speaking, as in take the current form and make it a little less prototypey as it looks now, but there are a lot of Android handsets planned for the remainder of this year, I think something like 20, so it's probably a fairly safe bet you'll see one with the qwerty pad. fwiw though, I did read somewhere there was a G1 V2 coming at some point, I'm sure someone else would know more about that though.

You have the Palm Pre coming out I think maybe within weeks too, again iPhone style but with a slide out qwerty, it's probably the most hyped phone since the iPhone from what I have seen, personally I think it's a bit ugly though.

Original Poster Banned

v2drinkers;5384963

The Iphone wins hands down on internet browsing.I've had others including … The Iphone wins hands down on internet browsing.I've had others including HTC's but the sheer size of the Iphone screen make it excellent for browsing the internet.Obvious from post number 5 you are not interested in it but please dont discount it if internet browsing is your main thing.

What's the going rate for a second gen Iphone?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1420
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846154
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      4. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218

See more discussions