Phone headset for heard of hearing

Expert (Beta) 5
Posted 6th Dec 2019
Hi guys,

Would anyone be able to advise me on a good telephone headset for hard of hearing? I am trying to help an elderly relative. I've tried a few headsets so far but none are good. I am looking for something around £50 or less. I know there are some expensive ones around but I cannot risk buying unless I am sure they will do the job. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
1. Talk to Ligo. They are very, very knowledgeable
2. Or buy on Amazon. If the description says its for hard or hearing and its doesn't work, it free returns
3. If you have hearing aids, then mention it. Some can link to certain phones
4. Look on RNID site
5. Look at Which?
Hearing is "personal" so losses need to be matched, which is where someone (audiology dept) where relative is visiting know the frequency patterns of lost / losing/ & "good" .

Thereafter amplification via units that fall easily within the range which don't irritate (sharp sound) at other levels.

This is the problem you face, it is not really reading off the closed cup range of frequencies of the Lfu / Mru within the cup.
ccnp06/12/2019 09:55

1. Talk to Ligo. They are very, very knowledgeable2. Or buy on Amazon. …1. Talk to Ligo. They are very, very knowledgeable2. Or buy on Amazon. If the description says its for hard or hearing and its doesn't work, it free returns3. If you have hearing aids, then mention it. Some can link to certain phones4. Look on RNID site5. Look at Which?

Cheers, I will give Lingo a go. I have used the Amazon method but ended up returning a good few so far.

Mr_Gus06/12/2019 10:00

Hearing is "personal" so losses need to be matched, which is where someone …Hearing is "personal" so losses need to be matched, which is where someone (audiology dept) where relative is visiting know the frequency patterns of lost / losing/ & "good" .Thereafter amplification via units that fall easily within the range which don't irritate (sharp sound) at other levels.This is the problem you face, it is not really reading off the closed cup range of frequencies of the Lfu / Mru within the cup.

Yeah I agree. The individual is not using hearing aid but they are hard of hearing in certain situations, i.e. phone calls.
ccnp06/12/2019 09:55

1. Talk to Ligo. They are very, very knowledgeable2. Or buy on Amazon. …1. Talk to Ligo. They are very, very knowledgeable2. Or buy on Amazon. If the description says its for hard or hearing and its doesn't work, it free returns3. If you have hearing aids, then mention it. Some can link to certain phones4. Look on RNID site5. Look at Which?

Mr_Gus06/12/2019 10:00

Hearing is "personal" so losses need to be matched, which is where someone …Hearing is "personal" so losses need to be matched, which is where someone (audiology dept) where relative is visiting know the frequency patterns of lost / losing/ & "good" .Thereafter amplification via units that fall easily within the range which don't irritate (sharp sound) at other levels.This is the problem you face, it is not really reading off the closed cup range of frequencies of the Lfu / Mru within the cup.

Just an update guys, I ended up buying this from Amazon. Amazing piece of kit, turned a rubbish handset with low volume into a loud speaker.

amazon.co.uk/gp/…2V/
"Phone headset for heard of hearing"

39288409-RqFzc.jpg
Yes; heard of hearing... hard... You heard me.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions