Groups

PHONE HELP!!!

Hi, I bought a Sony Ericsson W580i from The Carphone Warehouse, but as soon as I want to put my SIM (Vodafone and I bought it with Vodafone £10 airtime) and It keeps coming up with Please Insert SIM or Press demo to view a Demo of the Phone, Press Demo...Anyon help me please!!!

18 Comments

Daft question but have you checked the sim is in the right way around ? Also check there's no dust on the sim contact.

Have you tried ringing the speaking clock:?

Original Poster

Tried it all, still not working!! :?

[COLOR="Purple"]just out of interest how much did you pay?
    i have a brand new one i want to sell..
    thanks[/COLOR]

Original Poster

£69.95....dont really want to buy one..just wanted to find out what the problem was, as it works with any other Vodafone SIM, not mine :?

My dads new phone would work with other sims but not his, Orange said that it was because his sim was not 3G enabled and had to send him a new sim.

Is the phone unlocked ?

Original Poster

Nope. Just to Vodafone

Sounds like the sims screwed, know anyone with any kind of voda acc ? If you have just stick their sim in the phone, if it works the sims duff. If it doesn't the phones the problem...

Original Poster

I've tried it in my brothers phone, worked fine, so I think its the phone...:cry:

Yeah, if the sim works in another phone, then it sounds like your new phones the problem.

Original Poster

Ah well, CPW tomorrow :whistling:

Best of luck. If you can take the other phone with you so you can show them the problem all the better...

Original Poster

Thanks, will do :thumbsup:

Exact same problem happened with mine it would read other sims even older ones but not mine, Hated the phone.

Original Poster

All sorted now

what was wrong with it?

Original Poster

They didnt say, the man just pushed the SIM in with a pen, and hey presto! :roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Minecraft Foam Diamond Pickaxe - Source?11
      2. Buying an iPhone second hand33
      3. Legal advice?68
      4. Mortgage44

See more discussions