phone losing signal Samsung

Posted 1st Jun 2023
hello we have s21 ultra since it came out, using smarty .

now I also mate 20 pro.

obvs with smarty signal can vary,

now I tried SIM swap and issues is not SIM card

but the s21 ultra signal really does drop more than the Huawei , like 1 bar, no signal, .

I tried in safe mode the s21 and it still dropping to low / no signal.

any one had similar issues,got suggestions
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    sm9690
    Have you tried a different network?
    Pricklerickle Author
    not yet,that's next,I tried empty sim 2 slot,,same problem, just strange , how mate 20 pro ,has good signal but not Samsung
    wayners
    Case on phone?
    Pricklerickle Author
    good point but was out case
    RadiantDuck
    I had really bad signal problems with my note 10+ 5G last year. I bought it second hand but with working from home and various lockdowns, I was mostly on WiFi and didn't notice issues. When I got a new job that required me to go in to work I found I had issues with signal. Started investigating, e.g. do a speed test on my wife's pixel 4a 5G and the note 10+ 5G, both on EE 5G, the pixel had almost full signal and 50+ Mbps, my Samsung had almost no signal and managed 0.5 Mbps. Looking online there seems to be a hardware issue with some Samsung phones where as they age they lose signal. I sent it back to music magpie under warranty and they couldn't repair, only refund.
    Pricklerickle Author
    well January brought, so you get 2 years,yea I been put off Samsung, too much bloatware and there quality don't seem a good, shame nothing I can do about it
    mutley1
    Could be 5G is poor. The mate 20 pro is 4G from reading its specs.
    Pricklerickle Author
    yea I thought that so I switched it to 4/3/2 g and 4g is still low, I got a bunch of different network cards , I was hopping sim tray 2 might be better but same, I just hope it's not gone faulty after 2 years,
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants