Phone not delivered from Mobile Phones Direct

Found 16th Sep 2017
On Monday 14th August, I ordered the S8+ on contract with EE from Mobile Phones Direct(MPD). MPD uses DPD for delivery. DPD attempted delivery to my home but on both occasions I was out. I called and the best option was to collect from the warehouse. They gave me a choice of time slots and I chose 1600 to 1700 on Sunday 20th August.

When I went to collect at 16.50 on Sunday 20th August, the DPD worker said the phone had been collected already at around 12 on this day. The guy said two men collected and they showed a driving licence when they should also show a utility bill. The phone has been stolen by someone from DPD.

I spoke to MPD on Monday and they said that I need to confirm where I was on that date(I was on a flight), get a crime reference number and write a letter to confirm I did not receive the phone. They then said it will take 4-6 weeks to investigate and I should continue to pay my bill. I've been chasing MPD to ask them what DPD have said so far and they haven't said anything.

It's now been 4 weeks and it's just really annoying that I haven't received the phone and not even been given an update. Is there anything I can do to push this along? I've got a funny feeling that MPS are going to push the blame on to me. I initially thought I shouldn't even get a crime reference number because it's not my property that's been stolen....its DPD or MPS phone.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

surely dpd's warehouse depot must have CCTV that would show who collected it, that and a signiture? Ive never seen a courier that would allow you to collect an item without proof of id and to sign for it

Yeah as above says, surely they will have cctv of who took your phone. Personally I've never had a problem with DPD, in fact they are my preferred courier. By a long way. Just recently ordered a S8 and they delivered next day.

First of all, courier companies check id before giving any parcel to anyone in hand,
(2) you said that Dpd told you that they shown driving licence, as i am aware that a driving licence always has a photograph on it with name & address, and i think that addresses should be same as written on the parcel( both should match)
Its really unbelievable that a company delivered parcel without confirming that its going to the right person
(3) did you check with your family or whoever lives with you at the same property? Cause dpd usually left calling card & parcel number written on it ,without this card they don't deliver
Maybe someone get it on your behalf
Although its not possible that they deliver parcel to anyone else.
(4) dpd & the mpd will sorted it out sooner with help of signature & cctv footage
So fingers crossed & just wait for their call
Edited by: "telecome2011" 16th Sep 2017

Original Poster

telecome20114 h, 19 m ago

First of all, courier companies check id before giving any parcel to …First of all, courier companies check id before giving any parcel to anyone in hand, (2) you said that Dpd told you that they shown driving licence, as i am aware that a driving licence always has a photograph on it with name & address, and i think that addresses should be same as written on the parcel( both should match)Its really unbelievable that a company delivered parcel without confirming that its going to the right person (3) did you check with your family or whoever lives with you at the same property? Cause dpd usually left calling card & parcel number written on it ,without this card they don't deliver Maybe someone get it on your behalf Although its not possible that they deliver parcel to anyone else.(4) dpd & the mpd will sorted it out sooner with help of signature & cctv footage So fingers crossed & just wait for their call

2. DPD said they saw driving licence but no other ID on the day I went but afterwards, MPD said DPD saw both forms of ID.

3. I checked with my family and no one was at home when they were trying to deliver and that's why I asked for collection from the depot.

4. MPD said it takes 4-6 weeks. DPD said to me they take 1 week to investigate but because I am not the DPD customer, MPD have to raise it(MPD are the customer). It's been four weeks now and MPD are now not even given me an update of what DPD have said.

What should my next call be? I was thinking of raising it to the senior management of MPD or proceed with the small claims court?

Probably best to cancel everything, Cancel direct debits and claim it back if you've made any payments. It's MPD's responsibility to ensure you receive the product, They've failed.

.MUFC.1 h, 30 m ago

Probably best to cancel everything, Cancel direct debits and claim it back …Probably best to cancel everything, Cancel direct debits and claim it back if you've made any payments. It's MPD's responsibility to ensure you receive the product, They've failed.

this, but be careful how you go about it - send recorded letters explaining, referencing consumer rights act 14 days begins when you take posession of the goods etc.

I would suggest you contact Citizens Advice. Here is a link to their web site regarding an item not received tinyurl.com/y9s…dgh. If you scroll down to "Further help" you will see their phone number, or you can fill in an online form tinyurl.com/y79…6y3 Keep and make a record of all correspondence you have with MPD and DPD taking names, dates and times of the people you speak to.

Original Poster

Beebee1817th Sep

I would suggest you contact Citizens Advice. Here is a link to their web …I would suggest you contact Citizens Advice. Here is a link to their web site regarding an item not received https://tinyurl.com/y9scgdgh. If you scroll down to "Further help" you will see their phone number, or you can fill in an online form https://tinyurl.com/y79ba6y3 Keep and make a record of all correspondence you have with MPD and DPD taking names, dates and times of the people you speak to.

I've written these letters and they did not respond.

Filed a claim with the small claims court and they have until the 13th November to reply. They want to pay the full amount on my claim but will only initiate payment if I withdraw the county court claim. I have said payment first then the claim gets removed. The first offer was to remove the claim and then they'll make payment writhing 14-28 days(that's their procedure). When I said that's too long they are now saying they can pay withing 3-5 days. I can't stand their lying......its now been 12 weeks.

Genius_Discounts2 h, 19 m ago

I've written these letters and they did not respond.Filed a claim with the …I've written these letters and they did not respond.Filed a claim with the small claims court and they have until the 13th November to reply. They want to pay the full amount on my claim but will only initiate payment if I withdraw the county court claim. I have said payment first then the claim gets removed. The first offer was to remove the claim and then they'll make payment writhing 14-28 days(that's their procedure). When I said that's too long they are now saying they can pay withing 3-5 days. I can't stand their lying......its now been 12 weeks.

I don't blame you for not accepting their offer. From what you have said, it does seem they have no intention of reimbursing you out of court. If you think about it, if they were to reimburse you out of court, and you continued with the court case, then they would have proof that they had already compensated you, and therefore you would loose the case.

Original Poster

Beebee1811th Nov

I don't blame you for not accepting their offer. From what you have said, …I don't blame you for not accepting their offer. From what you have said, it does seem they have no intention of reimbursing you out of court. If you think about it, if they were to reimburse you out of court, and you continued with the court case, then they would have proof that they had already compensated you, and therefore you would loose the case.

Thanks for your help on this.

The deadline passed yesterday and they did not fulfil the court order. MPD emailed me yesterday and said they will initiate payment today(in to my account withing 3-5 days). I have now filed a judgement. As soon as they pay, I will withdraw the judgement.

Good for you. Don't let them get away with it. Once it's all settled I'd be inclined to leave negative feedback on all their sites, Facebook, Twitter and their main web site letting people know of the despicable service you got from them, to the extent that you had to take them to court. Good luck.

Original Poster

Beebee1814th Nov

Good for you. Don't let them get away with it. Once it's all settled I'd …Good for you. Don't let them get away with it. Once it's all settled I'd be inclined to leave negative feedback on all their sites, Facebook, Twitter and their main web site letting people know of the despicable service you got from them, to the extent that you had to take them to court. Good luck.

They finally paid earlier this week. Glad it's over. Wouldn't use these cowboys again. I'm guessing they are great if the phone arrives on time. It goes wrong and you're screwed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions