Phone order

Posted 6th Apr
Hey guys I've ordered a phone however I'm now worried it might be stolen in transit, and I'll get an empty box when it arrives.

I have paid with a credit card so hopefully that will pull through if needs be.

I just wanted to check that if I signed for the parcel without checking the contents would I still be able to claim back?

would I make things more difficult if I rejected the parcel if I found it to be empty, or would it be better to accept and then go via cc protection?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Is it not from a reputable seller or something? What has spooked you?
Go to the door recording, video the second you sign for it until you open the package.
Keep it in view the whole time.
What makes you think that would possibly happen?
Most couriers now don’t allow u to sign for anything. They put it on doorstep. Ring bell. Move away and mark it on diad as delivered
toonsquirel06/04/2020 16:18

What makes you think that would possibly happen?

Because the operator of the Mi UK website is not based in UK.
AndyRoyd06/04/2020 16:50

It was reported a while back that Xiaomi had ditched the carrier they had the empty box problems with. The new one hasn't had the same issues.
Was thinking to order a phone today from the mi store app...so it seems they did not sort their delivery problems!!??
steve122106/04/2020 17:18

It was reported a while back that Xiaomi had ditched the carrier they had …It was reported a while back that Xiaomi had ditched the carrier they had the empty box problems with. The new one hasn't had the same issues.

Except for the oustanding deliveries that were delayed for some reason.
ezzer7206/04/2020 16:13

Is it not from a reputable seller or something? What has spooked you?

I read some reviews for the Mi store UK and apparently its still a thing with the new courier service despite claims of it being better?
AndyRoyd06/04/2020 16:50

How did you guess!? Yeah I read some very recent reviews on trust polit
Edited by: "JamesNaselli" 6th Apr
JamesNaselli06/04/2020 17:41

I read some reviews for the Mi store UK and apparently its still a thing …I read some reviews for the Mi store UK and apparently its still a thing with the new courier service despite claims of it being better?

Observation-only: any package will pass through many stages prior to doorstep delivery, especially a package originating from outside UK. Any one of those stages may have recurring issues; some stages may subsequently attempt to exploit previously identified issues as a diversionary tactic to introduce new issues. The customer has no control over these issues.
AndyRoyd06/04/2020 17:56

Observation-only: any package will pass through many stages prior to …Observation-only: any package will pass through many stages prior to doorstep delivery, especially a package originating from outside UK. Any one of those stages may have recurring issues; some stages may subsequently attempt to exploit previously identified issues as a diversionary tactic to introduce new issues. The customer has no control over these issues.

Yeah very true, if I was to open it after taking delivery and it was empty do you think I could still get the credit card company involved successfully?
Take a video while you opening the package?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions