Phone recommendation to replace windows phone

Found 8th Sep 2017
Hi.

Any decent suggestions for a phone to replace a Nokia lumia? It's for my mum. I think it's the 520 but not 100%. As windows phone os is about over she needs a replacement to keep using WhatsApp etc. Only problem is she likes windows os and hates the thought of using another platform. Any suggestions?
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Apple easier but more costly. Android cheaper but can be confusing. I'd go for a cheaper version of an android phone. Like a Samsung a3.
I got my parents the Huawei Honor 6x a few months back as their first ever smart phone but like above android can be confusing for them as they've never used a smart phone before and has also technical info/ features....had high specs and now getting used to it. But its a 5.5 inch screen, also cost around £189 when on offer at Argos.
Edited by: "superspeedy" 9th Sep 2017
Could try using launcher 8... makes it look more like Windows, Pretty sure some android phones do have a windowslike launcher
Actually, there are a huge pile of windows style launchers, it's hard to pick a best one - especially as I'd NEVER do that to my android
matth99994 h, 37 m ago

Could try using launcher 8... makes it look more like Windows, Pretty sure …Could try using launcher 8... makes it look more like Windows, Pretty sure some android phones do have a windowslike launcherActually, there are a huge pile of windows style launchers, it's hard to pick a best one - especially as I'd NEVER do that to my android

Good to know as I will have to switch from WP in the not too distant future and I absolutely love the WP interface
My grandmother and grandfather both had Lumia 640's (if I remember rightly). They both just upgraded to Moto G4 and Samsung A5. I would suggest the Moto G4 as it's the cheapest of the two to buy on Amazon.
Original Poster
thanks for the comments. If it was upto me i'd move her to a android device tomorrow..
androidcrush.com/bes…id/
A few choices, Launcher 8 seems to have a lot of reviews and attention
Also, there's Microsoft "Arrow" launcher, though it doesn't seem to be as WP like as some of the others
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants