Phone Recycling Company

Posted 18th Jul
Hi everyone.

Has anyone used a phone recycling site/company recently that is trustworthy and gives better £ than anyone else? Looking to sell of my IPhone X 64GB.

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
Private selling would get you more
T650018/07/2020 18:08

Private selling would get you more

I’ve looked in to that but recycling companies are giving me more than selling on eBay for e.g
mp141718/07/2020 18:11

I’ve looked in to that but recycling companies are giving me more than s …I’ve looked in to that but recycling companies are giving me more than selling on eBay for e.g

Well if you've looked in to it and seen that you are being offered more for your phone than you'd get from selling it yourself on eBay then why not go for it?
CeX should give the most out of all the phone websites
don't know about giving you more than anyone else, but music magpie is very good in my experience.
Tom464618/07/2020 18:26

CeX should give the most out of all the phone websites

they give more than others, but you have to join and be a member, which means you have to go to a shop with ID. this puts me off, but perhaps it shouldn't?
mutley118/07/2020 18:28

they give more than others, but you have to join and be a member, which …they give more than others, but you have to join and be a member, which means you have to go to a shop with ID. this puts me off, but perhaps it shouldn't?

Probably shouldn’t put you off too much. I think most places ask for ID when selling. Although CEX don’t for credit, just for cash.

They can be very picky about phones.

It’s inconvenient though.

But you can use their send in service by mail, just like MusicMagpie. Then you don’t have to mess about with bringing in ID.
Edited by: "ra786" 18th Jul
Had good experiences with Mazuma Mobile. Send my old tech to them.
ra78618/07/2020 19:07

Probably shouldn’t put you off too much. I think most places ask for ID w …Probably shouldn’t put you off too much. I think most places ask for ID when selling. Although CEX don’t for credit, just for cash. They can be very picky about phones.It’s inconvenient though.

music magpie and mazuma just ask you to send in the phone in the post and they pay you the money directly to your bank account. very quick process and there is no ID checks.

and they tend to be less picky as they offer low value for the phone so i think they already factor into account that the phone is not going to be prestine.
mutley118/07/2020 19:24

music magpie and mazuma just ask you to send in the phone in the post and …music magpie and mazuma just ask you to send in the phone in the post and they pay you the money directly to your bank account. very quick process and there is no ID checks.and they tend to be less picky as they offer low value for the phone so i think they already factor into account that the phone is not going to be prestine.

I use CEX for trade ins but just for games. The only time I ever tried to trade in a phone (not even for cash, just instore credit), they checked it for about 20 minutes, then refused. Not in good condition. It wasn’t mint, but it looked pretty good still. But they just didn’t want it. Haven’t tried selling/exchanging a phone with them after that.

But the phones they sell are not in mint condition anyway. Some are pretty awful. So don’t know what their secret criteria is. Possibly because it’s a franchise, different stores have their own criteria.
Edited by: "ra786" 18th Jul
Avoid eBay to many chances of getting scammed. When I sold the last couple of years game gave the best price and no need to send off and hope.
I like music magpie
ra78618/07/2020 19:29

I use CEX for trade ins but just for games. The only time I ever tried to …I use CEX for trade ins but just for games. The only time I ever tried to trade in a phone (not even for cash, just instore credit), they checked it for about 20 minutes, then refused. Not in good condition. It wasn’t mint, but it looked pretty good still. But they just didn’t want it. Haven’t tried selling/exchanging a phone with them after that.But the phones they sell are not in mint condition anyway. Some are pretty awful. So don’t know what their secret criteria is. Possibly because it’s a franchise, different stores have their own criteria.

i have sent in mobile phones to mazuma and music magpie that have seen better days, stating the condition of the phone as good. i expected them to down grade the condition to poor, but they always accepted the phone as good! so from my experience those two are good for recyling knackered old phones.

music magpie pays a little more than mazuma.
Different companies give different prices for different phones, so I would suggest trying a few of them & seeing what they will offer you.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants