Phone unlock with Vodafone

I'm coming to the end of my contract and contacted Vodafone and asked they unlock my phone.
Turns out they do this for free when you meet certain criteria (not sure what the specifics are)

I can see it's been posted here years ago, thought I would share the knowledge and hopefully save people money!
Get in touch with them and see if you're eligible

7 Comments

If you have purchased the phone within the last 2 years I believe it is they legally can't refuse to unlock it and must sell new devices unlocked.

Original Poster

Westwoodo

If you have purchased the phone within the last 2 years I believe it is … If you have purchased the phone within the last 2 years I believe it is they legally can't refuse to unlock it and must sell new devices unlocked.

All works well for the consumer then! News to me, hopefully will let other people know too

Westwoodo

If you have purchased the phone within the last 2 years I believe it is … If you have purchased the phone within the last 2 years I believe it is they legally can't refuse to unlock it and must sell new devices unlocked.

Not sure about that last bit...

Westwoodo

There's no obligation whatsoever to sell their devices unlocked. They are not allowed to charge for unlocking should a customer request it.

with Vodafone you can unlock after using the phone with your SIM for a minimum 30 days and they will unlock for free. So you can actually unlock upto 3 phones in 1 year with same sim should you need to.

vodafone.co.uk/vod…st/
Edited by: "jayman1986" 16th Feb

I unlocked mine for free, all you need to do I'd buy a sim and use for 30 days

cheers was unaware of this
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30115
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764501
    3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …87148
    4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226

See more discussions