Phone with long battery life

LocalFound 18th Oct 2012
Looking for the best phone for battery life.

I`ve got an HTC X One and sick of charging twice a day, so wanting a basic phone with a good few days standby. Not looking for anything flash tbh.

What would you guys recommend?
Community Updates
MiscPhonesBattery
21 Comments
http://www.actu-mobile.com/nokia/16-nokia-6310.jpg
steve01980

I was thinking of the lines of this TBH but bit worried witht he one`s floating about and the batteries.
Was going to post exactly the same.

I use my 6310 whenever I go camping or hiking
dtemple

Was going to post exactly the same.I use my 6310 whenever I go camping or … Was going to post exactly the same.I use my 6310 whenever I go camping or hiking

How many days roughly standby?
oddsandmods

How many days roughly standby?

You mean weeks don't you?

Easily 7 days
http://st2.gsmarena.com/vv/bigpic/nokia-e52.jpg

Stand-by Up to 672 h (2G) / Up to 432 h (3G)
Talk time Up to 8 h (2G) / Up to 6 h (3G)
dtemple

You mean weeks don't you? ;)Easily 7 days

Sounds Tasty, think i`ll pick one up.

Thanks
Not looking for flash? Avoid Apple iPhones then.
If you are looking for a smart phone try Motorola razr max or max HD
Out of the various phones I have had Nokias have had the longest battery life by far.
MicroBanned

If you are looking for a smart phone try Motorola razr max or max HD

To be honest i`ve had enough of the High Spec Smartphones, learnt the Batteries just can`t keep up with all the tech these phones have inside.

Thanks anyway
deleted57959

extend the life of your phone, turn off bluetooth, turn off wifi, turn of … extend the life of your phone, turn off bluetooth, turn off wifi, turn of auto syncing, lower brightness to lowest setting, time out at 10seconds, do all that and you will easily double your battery life.

And it still wont last as long as a Nokia
I use the samsung E2121B as my second phone. It is quite simple and basic. It can last weeks between charges as I rarely make or receive calls on it. It is also very cheap to buy sometimes around the £10 mark
Whack a custom rom on your phone and you should notice an improvement
Smart phones ain't very smart with a flat battery, they should be called dumb phones.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has a mammoth battery. The reviews state it lasts a long time.
if it's a basic phone for calls mainly then this one has about a month's standby
[img]t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwrR8tL7B-_bZyzBk3TYiDUXHGaYnUA-mWLT7DkRXqZrqfHiIAgg[/img]

if you are after a smart phone then a galaxy note can do up to 3 days standby.
oddsandmods

To be honest i`ve had enough of the High Spec Smartphones, learnt the … To be honest i`ve had enough of the High Spec Smartphones, learnt the Batteries just can`t keep up with all the tech these phones have inside.Thanks anyway

4g is a battery killer

just buy another higher capacity battery
Edited by: "casparwhite" 19th Oct 2012
Well, give us a bit more information...

Would you be using it to listen to music? Would you want web browsing (WiFi, 3G or 2G), could you get to grips with a QWERTY?

If you can deal with QWERTY, but want WiFi and not something so dumb it'll frustrate you, a Nokia Asha 302 would be a good shout. Lasts forever on battery, and great for email if you need that. Apps are available for it too - not all that many, but the essentials. News (CNN), weather, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, ESPN FC, tons of games (including Sonic, FIFA 12 and others).

If you want something more basic, or something without QWERTY, you may need to be a little more specific. Tell us what you need the phone to do - do you need to check emails often?

Also, the RAZR MAXX really is different from all other smartphones, and the battery life is great on it. Could get lucky by waiting though - the RAZR MAXX HD was announced a couple months back, and has just been reviewed by Engadget - with some luck it should be finding its way to these shores. Don't count on it though, and it wouldn't be cheap off contract.
deleted57959

extend the life of your phone, turn off bluetooth, turn off wifi, turn of … extend the life of your phone, turn off bluetooth, turn off wifi, turn of auto syncing, lower brightness to lowest setting, time out at 10seconds, do all that and you will easily double your battery life.

Also:

Don't turn on screen
Don't use it
Don't turn it on
Leave it in a drawer
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants