Phoneline broadband problem, advice needed.

3 replies
Found 9th Sep 2010
Virgin phoneline broadband went off a couple of days ago, using a netgear wg834g router.

When plugged in as usual to the main incoming phone line on an adsl filter the internet light on the router flashes orange (should be green).

There are 2 other extensinon sockets in the house but neither have anything plugged into them and I have not done any work or touched anything lately. Phoneline works ok.

Anyway phoned up Virgin and he asked me to connect to the test socket which I did and the internet works ok then, but when I put it back to how it should be it goes back to the light flashing orange.

I have tried 2 filters and get the same results from both.

Any advice or pointers.

3 Comments

maybe you need a new front plate you can get them on the net dont no if it will work though personaly i always connect direct to the test socket as its better but if you dont like the look then you should try that maybe.

is it possible a mouse has chewed some of the extension wiring and shorted it?

Original Poster

^^ I hope not,lol. I guess there must be a problem with either the master socket or one of the extensions then. I suppose it's a case of deducing which one is at fault although as I say none have been touched.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anyone else bored of video gaming2030
    2. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA2099
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769517
    4. Happy Bandi Chorr Diwas and Happy Diwali!1317

See more discussions