Found 14th May
Anyone know if phones from ID Mobile are network locked?

If so to what (Id?) As I think they piggyback off 3 network and I know their phones come unlocked

10 Comments

They are unlocked

Yes iphone from them is locked to 3 network this is from my own experience

Hardawan

Yes iphone from them is locked to 3 network this is from my own experience

They use the 3 network but the lock to ID and you need ID to unlock them, if it's an iPhone the safest way to ensure it doesn't lock is when you get a new put in a three sim and activate it, three don't lock the iPhones so you then have an unlocked phone. Plenty of discussion on Iphone threads on here.

It does take three sim but not other so id and three would be fine. Id don't unlock it for you have to make a story and contact three to get it unlocked.

Original Poster

eslick

They use the 3 network but the lock to ID and you need ID to unlock them, … They use the 3 network but the lock to ID and you need ID to unlock them, if it's an iPhone the safest way to ensure it doesn't lock is when you get a new put in a three sim and activate it, three don't lock the iPhones so you then have an unlocked phone. Plenty of discussion on Iphone threads on here.

Sorry I should have been clearer I am asking re an android phone.
Will an android phone be locked to ID network?

Original Poster

Hardawan

It does take three sim but not other so id and three would be fine. Id … It does take three sim but not other so id and three would be fine. Id don't unlock it for you have to make a story and contact three to get it unlocked.

Hmmm strange that it's locked to I'd/3 when 3 phones are unlocked. Don't 3 offer to unlock devices for free now? But not sure that would apply to an Id device or only those purchased from/originally on 3

little_green

Hmmm strange that it's locked to I'd/3 when 3 phones are unlocked. Don't … Hmmm strange that it's locked to I'd/3 when 3 phones are unlocked. Don't 3 offer to unlock devices for free now? But not sure that would apply to an Id device or only those purchased from/originally on 3

only those purchased through Three, have a look at the last hot iphone thread ID customer service posted on there about phones locking.

little_green

Hmmm strange that it's locked to I'd/3 when 3 phones are unlocked. Don't … Hmmm strange that it's locked to I'd/3 when 3 phones are unlocked. Don't 3 offer to unlock devices for free now? But not sure that would apply to an Id device or only those purchased from/originally on 3

That is only if you buy phone directly from three then its surely unlocked

Original Poster

So android devices from ID Mobile are likely to be locked to Id and 3 network

little_green

So android devices from ID Mobile are likely to be locked to Id and 3 … So android devices from ID Mobile are likely to be locked to Id and 3 network

ID mobiles will be unlocked as standard, the only exception would be iPhones which will lock to the first network SIM that is inserted. Some people recommend inserting a 3 SIM first so it would then remain unlocked as 3 don't lock there mobiles.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Domain renewal12
    2. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?46
    3. 48 hour working time directive69
    4. Installing google play store on Kindle Fire 2nd gen?615

See more discussions