Groups

Phones4u contracts

My friend bought a htc magic yesterday on a contract with phones4u - took it home only to discover it was set up nearly 3 months ago and used as a demo in the shop - but they wont accept it back and cancel the contract. My friend feels theyve been sold a used phone. Anybody any ideas how to get them to terminate the contract?(vodafone) cheers in advance guys.

6 Comments

7 day Peace of Mind Guarantee.
    Where you have purchased a new mobile phone / mobile broadband contract (rather than an upgrade to your existing contract) or have purchased a laptop, SIM free or prepay handset and you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase or simply change your mind, you have 7 working days after the date of delivery (not including the day of delivery) to inform us of your intention to return an item*. In order to action a cancellation/refund you must follow these steps:

contact the Phones 4u Direct Support Team on 0844 871 2234 within 7 working days after the delivery date;
    you'll be sent a pre-paid Royal Mail First Class Delivery bag to return the goods;
    please return the goods to us within 7 days of receipt of the pre=paid bag; and
    when re-packaging the goods, you need to check:

a.) you have included the complete set of product items (including charger, battery, accessories, instruction manual and or additional items that we originally sent to you, including any free gift; and

b.) all the goods must be returned, where possible, with their original packaging, in as good a condition as they were in when they were delivered to you.

We will then arrange for your network agreement to be cancelled if applicable and if you have purchased a laptop, prepay or SIM free mobile phone, the you will be entitled to a refund of the price you paid for the laptop, prepay* or SIM free mobile phone.

*Please note, if you have purchased a prepay handset with airtime included, you will only be entitled to a refund for the cost of the prepay handset and not the SIM card and the associated mobile phone airtime credit. When returning your handset you should keep your SIM card as this will contain the airtime you have purchased.

taken from ]here (cancellation rights)

Original Poster

Thanks lil_tiger for trying , but they never got it online or on the phone- they got it instore and assumed it was new until taking it home.

SLIM_JIM;6033433

Thanks lil_tiger for trying , but they never got it online or on the … Thanks lil_tiger for trying , but they never got it online or on the phone- they got it instore and assumed it was new until taking it home.

so they didnt make sure the security strip thing wasnt torn? :whistling:

If the phones been used the IMEI will have been logged by the network each time it accessed.

If you call Voda and explain they might be able to find someone who can access the info (it may not be available to the front line staff, I don't know what their software can show them)...

steve1221;6033498

If the phones been used the IMEI will have been logged by the network … If the phones been used the IMEI will have been logged by the network each time it accessed. If you call Voda and explain they might be able to find someone who can access the info (it may not be available to the front line staff, I don't know what their software can show them)...

hmmmm dont think it will have been logged.....if it was just used as a demo phone then chances are it wont have been used to make a call...i.e this will be the first voda know about it...

It's against the law to sell a second hand product as new without being told....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49395
      2. Find out how good your GP surgery is1111
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism46
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846214

See more discussions