Groups
    EXPIRED

Photo Editing Software needed please!

Hi All

I am a keen photographer but have only ever uploaded them to my computer and thats basically it. I want to start playing around with them a bit but having downloaded free trials of many of the larger brands, photoshop and the like, i thought they were way to advanced for what i need.

So has anyone found a peice of software that you can use to edit and put effects on photos that is really user friendly and, well not basic......but not something you need a masters degree in science to use.

Thanks in advance!

9 Comments

Photoshop, if can afford it. Some people say Aperture.

Simple & easy to use .. ulead photo express is fun
    ulead.com/pe/…htm

xara make affordable picture software
    if you want free software, look at osalt.com its opensource alternatives to commercial programs, so free and legal alternatives to all the packages you can buy off the shelf

Original Poster

kippy;2286112

Photoshop, if can afford it. Some people say Aperture.

Thanks but i think they will be too advanced and alot of the utilities would go to waste.

How about Photoshop Elements ?

A "cut down" version of Photoshop for the hobbyist.

Free trial from here

adobe.com/pro…in/

Loads of books available about how to use it as well.

amazon.co.uk/Pho…1-1

I would second paint.net

I use an ancient version of ulead photoimpact myself that came free with a scanner. It does everything I ask of it and the new version is £30 so it may be worth considering if paint.net doesn't do everything you want.

ThePasty;2286446

Thanks but i think they will be too advanced and alot of the utilities … Thanks but i think they will be too advanced and alot of the utilities would go to waste.

It's really not too advanced - it's simple to pick up and use. Yes, it has many features, but you can just use as few or as many as you need. I started out using it to crop and resize pictures for websites and I learned one extra feature at a time, either figuring it out for myself or looking it up online if it was something I needed to learn, and little by little my Photoshop skills have become quite impressive. Photoshop all the way! You can get a 30 day trial of it easily enough.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1616
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047171
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30121
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767408

See more discussions