Photo of UFO taken when I was in Wales today

Found 20th Sep 2009
Make sure you expand this to full size in your browser. When I took the shot there was nothing in the sky. It must have been moving quite fast.

img178.imageshack.us/img…jpg

Uncanny.
D.

1. Misc
  2. Photo
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Photo
32 Comments

Banned

it's a cricket lol

http://www.hip2b2.com/images/uploaded_images/cricket.jpg

pic to small, can you make it bigger plz?

lol, could be anything

Its a bug on the lens or inside the camera.

looks like a blurry cow being thrown thru the air upside down...

Wheres FnF, whats he been up to? :? :w00t: :-D

Looks most likely to be a flying bug of some sort.
looks closely enough..there are two UFO's!

edit...make that three things I can see in the sky now lol

Magnified even more and its a plane lol

choc1969;6346583

Magnified even more and its a plane lol

You looking at the same thing im looking at? :thinking:

Starr;6346598

You looking at the same thing im looking at? :thinking:

what you looking at ?

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/508/cimg1698w.jpg

choc1969;6346648

what you looking at ?

:oops:

The opposite to what you looking at

That's not a UFO - it's a smudge!

looks like a plane to me

where was the pic taken ?

wales

Looks like a flea on the lense

Helicopter........

have sharpened it up with psp and despeckled and it looks like a chinook helicopter, u were probaby near an airbase or the beacons..

What time is set on your camera?

covercd info;6347072

What time is set on your camera?

What camera is it? Is it a DSLR?

Ask the bloke/woman standing underneath it?

Bet it was near Wrexham. Always foreign objects in the sky. Saw 3 seperate lights floating above Wrexham surrounding area, don't for a minute think they are alien, but do believe there Military issue. (Not something you would know as a normal plane/helicopter.)

Agreed

Looks like a Chinook CH-16 Twin Rotor helicopter. BUT... with the shutter speed of 1/250 second (found in pic meta data) at that distance, it should have frozen the main fuselage but not the two sets of rotor blades.

Plus add the two other moving objects (guess at flies). I think it should be very close in the foreground and flitting quite fast.

Definitely not large. Or at a distance...

18 years of photography experience helps.

Cheers
Mark

covercd info;6347135

Agreed Looks like a Chinook CH-16 Twin Rotor helicopter. BUT... with the … Agreed Looks like a Chinook CH-16 Twin Rotor helicopter. BUT... with the shutter speed of 1/250 second (found in pic meta data) at that distance, it should have frozen the main fuselage but not the two sets of rotor blades. Plus add the two other moving objects (guess at flies). I think it should be very close in the foreground and flitting quite fast.Definitely not large. Or at a distance...18 years of photography experience helps.CheersMark

:?

OP would surely have heard/seen a Chinook?

Original Poster

covercd info;6347135

Agreed Looks like a Chinook CH-16 Twin Rotor helicopter. BUT... with the … Agreed Looks like a Chinook CH-16 Twin Rotor helicopter. BUT... with the shutter speed of 1/250 second (found in pic meta data) at that distance, it should have frozen the main fuselage but not the two sets of rotor blades. Plus add the two other moving objects (guess at flies). I think it should be very close in the foreground and flitting quite fast.Definitely not large. Or at a distance...18 years of photography experience helps.CheersMark

When I took the shot there was nothing in the air. The next photo a few seconds later also has nothing on it !

dapunk;6347219

When I took the shot there was nothing in the air. The next photo a few … When I took the shot there was nothing in the air. The next photo a few seconds later also has nothing on it !

Can we see the next photo please.. See a few things in the air not just three,.

rockyfella;6347033

Helicopter........

Looks like that to me also but surely it would be very noisy in the middle of nowhere.

Please send another pic please...

Using the 'Depth of Field' of F8 that the camera selected - the Wide angle that the pic was taken at = Grass in foreground to the moon would be in focus... fact

Date pic taken so the Casio EX-Z1080 camera says: 15/08/2009 at 14:33

Last month?

I spotted an Unidentified Farming Object.

...and it's a RAF jet in desert finish on low flight/valley passes for radar avoidance. Not unusual in wales!

Original Poster

covercd info;6347361

Please send another pic please...Using the 'Depth of Field' of F8 that … Please send another pic please...Using the 'Depth of Field' of F8 that the camera selected - the Wide angle that the pic was taken at = Grass in foreground to the moon would be in focus... factDate pic taken so the Casio EX-Z1080 camera says: 15/08/2009 at 14:33Last month?

Yeah the date on the camera is out ....

Anyway here is a shot taken of the same area at the same time, notice nothing on the camera except a hawk we saw on top of a mountain.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9550/cimg1697a.jpg

This was all in Loggerheads park in Wales

D.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition51460
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11
    4. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!11

See more discussions