photoshoot comp in london help

21 replies
Found 19th Aug 2008
i entered a comp to win a photoshoot and make over in London adn I won haha! good, but im sure i entered it from here as i dont enter any other coms but i cant seem to find it. also he wants a 45 pound deposit from every one attending to cover makeup etc and if we dont keep the photos at the end we get it back but if we keep the photos we dont. he wants it soon by friday. do you guys think that sounds wierd? also did any one else enter and remember the name of it or no the website im trying to find more info on it, thanks

21 Comments

It sounds like a scam to me. If you "win" a competition it shouldn't cost you anything.

I agree with gezmek, sounds dodgy.

deffo a scam. They offer them all the time. They are will give the hardest sell you will have ever seen. Don't do it.

Dodgy......everyone wins!!!! I've won a few

choc1969;2780776

Dodgy......everyone wins!!!! I've won a few

Mee too............... soz :thumbsup:

Dodgy.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c272/smi-o/New%20pix/its-a-trap-cat.gif

Original Poster

the thing is they rang me up and i have spoken to some people and they have done photoshoots and they had to put deposits down too, its not unheard of. the only thing is that he cant wait for the money he is quite impartient. well i was really looking forward to it, when i rang him back a few times he answered and siad something like fashion shoot..? but when i said about having the address he said give me yours and i will post you the vouchers..

Original Poster

i gues your rite when he left me a voice mail it said hi im calling from a fashion studio...

>i entered a comp to win a photoshoot and make over in London adn I won haha!

Dont feel to good about winning, my guess is that everybody who entered "won".

If he gets 50 people to his shoot, charges them £45 each, that is a tidy little sum for a days work.

It is just a scam to get money out of you, no more no less.

Scam your better off paying the same price for a shoot from somewhere like buyagift.com I did they had a offer 2 for the price of one so me and my mate when halfs had to pay a small depoisit £20 but that was to cover it incase we didnt turn up and got that back and we also got a nice large photo EACH save your money incase it was a scam and look out for this offer. We had a really good day had bucks fizz welcome, haircut OR colour, hair styled make up done and LOTS of photos taken with different backgrounds and chose which ones we wanted. Yeah they try and make you buy more but just stick to your guns and say no (ok we bout 1 more each but it was our chose)

oh forgot got nails done too!!
Heres a link its only for one but there is others plus this is only £20 with free photo to keep I recommend it it was a good giggle go with a mate though as its more fun.
buyagift.co.uk/Pro…er_

Original Poster

guilbert53;2781159

i entered a comp to win a photoshoot and make over in London adn I won … >i entered a comp to win a photoshoot and make over in London adn I won haha!Dont feel to good about winning, my guess is that everybody who entered "won"..

if i dont seem that happy its cause i been doing fashion photoshoots for the last 3 years lol

Original Poster

my boyfriend is going to ring him tommoro and try and get some info from him ans if he cant suply it then i shall tell him where to shove it lol

Original Poster

well there call skylite and theve got a website skylitestudios.moonfruit.com ive read some other people doing it on the net but i dont think i exactly won it as they are charging everyone that amount?

Don't even call him back. Get his number blocked and forget about it.
You don't pay a deposit for a photoshoot you have "won"
It's a con and he should be reported to somebody.

Sloth/Mod

Oldest scam in the book. :thumbsup:

Don't really know why but this made me laugh:

WhoIs report:
Registrant:
Abid Raza
54 Europa House, Gt Marlborough Street
London, London W1F 7JU
GB

Domain name: SKYLITESTUDIOS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Raza, Abid [IMG]who.is/ema…php?domain=skylitestudios.com&email=0[/IMG]
54 Europa House, Gt Marlborough Street
London, London W1F 7JU
GB
+44.7904522978

Wikipedia ']Abid Raza'

:giggle:

Back on topic though, it doesn't really sound like you have 'won' anything at all - you are better off finding somewhere local that you know + trust for a makeover/photoshoot if thats what you want.

Please don't fall for this con.
You will lose your money quicker than Usian Bolt in the 100 metres.
As suggested above, someone local or on personal recommendation is best.
Good luck.

I was once with someone who went to one of these, the price for the photos are HUGE a total rip off, the guys are pretty slimey too and it took me telling the guy I was going to come back down to the studio and blockade the door for them to release the "deposit" steer clear.

Apparently bg1 got caught out with this.
"yeah.....you'll be in that metrosexual mag next month...you know the one."
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. EA shuts down Visceral Games.45
    2. Misco about to go into administration911
    3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564104
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769249

See more discussions