Groups

Photoshop Blending Help: Merging 3 images

Just wondering if a Photoshop Geek can drop me a PM with regards to helping me with a little issue I have

I have 3 images which I need blending into each other to create a banner type image. I've tried, but my efforts fall down at the first hurdle and it doesnt look good at all

Before any says "use photoshop vids on youtube" I already have - without success

Any help would be great, and maybe a few drinks it in for you

Regards
    TIA

Dave

15 Comments

Are all the images the same dimensions?

Post the 3 images and which parts of each image you want to keep

I'll give you a hand again if needed?

Original Poster

drop me ya emails and I'll send them over, school run now, but back in 20

images not same, but can be cropped, not bothered which parts you keep as long as it looks canny. MUST be 703x201px
    Edited by: "Disco" 17th May 2011

Do you want to blend objects from the various images in to one background, or simply line 3 images up side by side and merge them in to each other?

Various ways to do it of course, but for the first I would use the lasso tool, set the feather to something suitable for the object (say 20), roughly draw around the object, hit shift + ctrl +i to select the inverse of that selection and delete the background. Repeat for each part of every image you want to blend together.

For the second way, overlap your 3 images on individual layers. Highlight the first layer and ctrl click it's thumbnail to select. Hit g on your keyboard to select the gradient tool and make sure the gradient is set to linear foreground to transparent. Hold shift drag from one side of the image to the other (or adjust as required). Hit q to create a mask from that gradient, hit shift + ctrl + i to select the inverse, then delete. Repeat for the other images.

That might not be 100% correct, only have Photoshop installed under 1 OS at work and I'm in the other at the moment. But as above, depends on what the images are and how you want to blend them.

Disco

drop me ya emails and I'll send them over, school run now, but back in … drop me ya emails and I'll send them over, school run now, but back in 20images not same, but can be cropped, not bothered which parts you keep as long as it looks canny. MUST be 703x201px

Awaits hilarious NUFC related joke (in pic form).

Original Poster

not at all Paddy, its for a solar panel banner Im doing! lol

Disco

not at all Paddy, its for a solar panel banner Im doing! lol

Ah OK, I'm shocked and surprised

Original Poster

would I take the mickey out of newcastle utd :-p

Original Poster

i actually have multiply images - just to use 3 to combine into a banner

Disco

would I take the mickey out of newcastle utd :-p

To be honest you've no right to this year (snigger)

Banned

Are you using feathering?

Original Poster

not sure what that is JTT, just a novice at PS

Banned

You need to use feather to get a nice gradient on the edges so all three will 'blend' in.

I'm still running CS3 but you can find it in SELECT > MODIFY > FEATHER - mess around with different tolerance of feather and then delete what you don't want.

/any text on this banner?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278963
      2. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020
      3. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1534
      4. word association Game72944192

See more discussions