Groups

Photoshop help

Now i know a bit about photoshop - not great at it though.

My auntie asked me to design a poster which she could then get printed.

Basically - i have created a simple 1 - i was hoping someone could give me tips on how to make it better etc.

Or possibly improve it for me.

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/3408/teesidepostergs0.th.gifhttp://img380.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

thanks

24 Comments

Original Poster

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/3408/teesidepostergs0.gif

I would play with the fonts a little, make it a little more friendly.

The A-Team font looks a little harsh.

Also the seperators, maybe small holly leaves? Baubles?

Apart from that not bad :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks for the reply - i like your idea about the baubles etc but how do i do this?

Also is there a font you would reccommend? This poster is going up in the pub and needs to hit people so they know.

Thanks

never used photoshop...but genreally id say what about:
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/faiza333/Untitled-3.jpg

butlove clticsuns pointers as well.

vengod;3190817

Thanks for the reply - i like your idea about the baubles etc but how do … Thanks for the reply - i like your idea about the baubles etc but how do i do this? Also is there a font you would reccommend? This poster is going up in the pub and needs to hit people so they know.Thanks

find them from google images and copy them in..but like i said..never used PS so dont know

I'd try alternate fonts aswell. I think illustrator is perfect for these type of posters.Look for a larger scale picture of the santa sleigh aswell. Only my opinion.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the feedback, il give this a go

Looking forward to your finished draft.

vengod;3190817

Thanks for the reply - i like your idea about the baubles etc but how do … Thanks for the reply - i like your idea about the baubles etc but how do i do this? Also is there a font you would reccommend? This poster is going up in the pub and needs to hit people so they know.Thanks

How did you build the poster in photoshop?

Did you use layers?

Is the background a seperate image?

You need to search the web for some clip art then pain stakingly import them into your poster and add them as your border lines.

I am not at home to fire up PS to have a play with it for you, but the best thing is to keep playing with PS to learn its secrets and shortcuts.

Be a ball ache don't get me wrong, but then again poster design is, if you get a knack for it they will ask you again and free beer and money will come your way :thumbsup:

if your serious about learning a bit more about PS and designing posters and stuff and getting around PS in general this is a great book ]CLICK HERE

Nip into Waterstones or somewhere and have a flick through and see if its any help to you, the reason its so useful is there is a tip or trick on every page, its not a long a boring drawn out read.

Original Poster

Yeah i used layers - the background image is a sepearate image and isnt locked.

Im learning photoshop at uni but in the past i mainly used it for photo maniplulation .

Thanks for that book - will pop into waterstones at uni

Ahh **** - I always do that thanks (the Teeside - Teesside) It just doesnt look right with 2 s'

vengod;3190932

Im learning photoshop at uni but in the past i mainly used it for photo … Im learning photoshop at uni but in the past i mainly used it for photo maniplulation .Thanks for that book - will pop into waterstones at uni '

If your doing PS at Uni look at other Books Scott Kelby Does, I think he does the best self learning PS books, and he has a sense of humor when writing them.

No boring chapters on why changing the vanishing point by 2 stops will make the universe collide etc. he simply says 'Look, this is how its done for best effect, here's the shortcut, heres the long way play with the settings inbetween and get the result you want' what he doesn't know about PS isn't worth knowing :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Celticsun;3191012

If your doing PS at Uni look at other Books Scott Kelby Does, I think he … If your doing PS at Uni look at other Books Scott Kelby Does, I think he does the best self learning PS books, and he has a sense of humor when writing them.No boring chapters on why changing the vanishing point by 2 stops will make the universe collide etc. he simply says 'Look, this is how its done for best effect, here's the shortcut, heres the long way play with the settings inbetween and get the result you want' what he doesn't know about PS isn't worth knowing :thumbsup:

Thanks for your help - Having trouble finding baubles

Anyhoo i gotta go now so will work on it later.

Thanks

Original Poster

Well cant find a decent selection of baubles...

Original Poster

my project so far Really struggling with baubles, could anyone help?

img208.imageshack.us/my.…gif

By the way this is just a design for her - hoping to have it done by Friday. Just needs to give her a good idea. Doesnt need to be perfect by friday. Thanks

upload the psd file if you want someone to play around with it for you

Original Poster

How do i upload that?

Rapidshare?

vengod;3207473

How do i upload that?Rapidshare?

Or megaupload, whatever you want

Original Poster

Anyone?

I'd hold your Christmas eve party on Dec 24th if I were you. :whistling:

Original Poster

yeh - Thats not the deffo list - was just to give an idea - i couldnt remember all the events - hint 2 comedians.

Original Poster

Could anyone replace black lines with baubles please

Original Poster

no1 ?

If you can re upload the psd minus the black dots, I can sort it for you
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION12
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick1111
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391515