Photoshop help!

Found 6th Sep 2017
I'm struggling with photoshop, which I just downloaded.

I've cropped the photo #1 but need to select an item (my cat) from photo #2 and add it to photo #1.

I'm struggling to 'cut out' the cat and wondered if someone might do it for me?

And then later on tell me how to do it, but this evening I'm just exhausted and would love the help.

I can email you the photo.

Also instructions on how to make it bigger and stick it on to photo #1 (I want to do that bit myself so I feel like I've done it!).

BIG THANKS

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
16 Comments

Original Poster

I recon it will be easy if you know how, but it needs to be half decently done.

Thank you to anyone who can help me.

Problem is I sort of need it asap so I can finish off the photo and then have an early night as it's going to be printed off tomorrow.

There is a lasso select tool that will let you draw around the cat, once its selected you can then copy and paste it across to your second picture.

Link to how to use lasso below.

helpx.adobe.com/pho…tml

Original Poster

whitebook2 m ago

There is a lasso select tool that will let you draw around the cat, once …There is a lasso select tool that will let you draw around the cat, once its selected you can then copy and paste it across to your second picture.Link to how to use lasso below.https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/selecting-lasso-tools.html

I've tried, but can't work out how to copy and paste it off.
Plus my lassoing was terrible

Which version of Photoshop do you have?
Edited by: "Agharta" 6th Sep 2017

As above... I like to add another layer & paste the copied image into that. Hope you get it sorted

Original Poster

Agharta1 m ago

Which version of Photoshop do you have?

A week's free trial of CC 2017 I got an hour ago and can't work out how to use.

On mac.

I only need to do this one photo.

Use YouTube, it's hard on your own but easish with videos.

Original Poster

sadiebabes2 m ago

As above... I like to add another layer & paste the copied image into …As above... I like to add another layer & paste the copied image into that. Hope you get it sorted

I truly don't understand about layers etc.
I've tried but I'm both baffled and exhausted so would be ridiculously grateful if someone could help me out.

Original Poster

CouldntThinkOfAUsername2 m ago

Use YouTube, it's hard on your own but easish with videos.

I've been using the adobe how to videos, which is how I worked out how to crop in PS.

I was truly hoping someone could help me out and do it for me, and then I'll learn more about it when I have more time and energy.

Have pm'ed you

Make sure you unlock the layer that you are trying to crop from. Also try using the keyboard shortcuts to cut and paste. So Ctrl C to copy and then ctrl V to paste onto the image you want the cat on.

Cats are one of the most tricky things to cut out in photoshop in my opinion. If you are going to do it nicely anyway, because of the gaps in edges of their fur. That's no small job to do right.
Edited by: "MSK." 6th Sep 2017

Just to let you know there is a section dedicating to helping others with questions (Ask), you'd get a better response posting there rather than misc:

hotukdeals.com/tag…sed

Original Poster

nraja2 h, 30 m ago

Make sure you unlock the layer that you are trying to crop from. Also try …Make sure you unlock the layer that you are trying to crop from. Also try using the keyboard shortcuts to cut and paste. So Ctrl C to copy and then ctrl V to paste onto the image you want the cat on.

MSK.2 h, 21 m ago

Cats are one of the most tricky things to cut out in photoshop in my …Cats are one of the most tricky things to cut out in photoshop in my opinion. If you are going to do it nicely anyway, because of the gaps in edges of their fur. That's no small job to do right.

Sadie kindly helped me and was totally awesome but unfortunately the photo quality over emails wasn't great so I used her cut out cat and very dogily pasted it onto the other pic and then I used a blur tool after. I have learnt a lot, mainly thanks to Sadie but also from the advice on this thread.

BarmyBulldog56 m ago

Just to let you know there is a section dedicating to helping others with …Just to let you know there is a section dedicating to helping others with questions (Ask), you'd get a better response posting there rather than misc:https://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/ask-discussed

Yeah, I know that but I'm a 'miscer' and I find that I recognise people, and hence they're more likely to recognise me, more over here in misc than Ask. I'll fess up now, I prefer Misc to ask. Sorry

I fell asleep downstairs after 'resting my eyes' (always dangerous) but just woke up and will get ready for bed for some proper sleep now.

Thanks again Sadie.
Edited by: "sicklysweet" 7th Sep 2017

i use microsoft paint and find that is very simple to use and create very professional looking photos

One good tool to use in Photoshop to cutout object/people when the edges are hard to select, is the the "Quick Mask Mode", press Q to select it. The picture get usually a red mask (unless the preference is different, but you can change that colour anyway depending on the subject), you then use the paint brush to add or remove part of the picture (use X to alternate between adding and subtracting from the picture. The good thing is that you can't mess up the picture like when you are using the rubber tool (thus you can always undo but then you may lose good steps between). Everyone has a different way to use Photoshop, and there probably 12 different way to achieve the same result, but that's is something that comes with experience. I hope that my post is clear to understand, I can use Photoshop pretty well , but I am a terrible teacher...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions