Photoshop help

Found 8th Oct 2017Edited by:"little_green"
I'm looking for a way to overlay multiple images with each other crop and edit them.
I'm a noob
Ive heard Photoshop is good for this but I tried it years ago and have just tried it again and honestly I feel like it's the most bloody complex thing ever, I don't even know how to open more than one image in it. Everyone I seem to move the mouse it asks me if I'm cropping the image even when I didn't tell it to do that.
I'm so confused.
If anyone is able to help or recomend something perhaps easier. I tried watching tutorials bit really not that helpful the guy just seemed to make the second image he was overlaying the first appear without clicking on anything !?
I opened 4 images via stack and they all appear on the left pane but only 2 are visible in the actual screen page if that makes sense. So where are the other 2!? Also of the 2 one is full size but the other is smaller and apparently o cannot change its size!?

At least paint didn't make me feel like an incompetent idiot
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Agree about photoshop never liked it
use Fotor for basic photo stuff but doesn't seem to have an overlay option sorry
Check you layers panel, if you have imported/dropped 4 pictures, you should see at least 4 layers, maybe 5 if you had a background layer. If it does not let you resize a picture (tool press "v", then Ctrl + T and you should see some handles) it is because you need to rasterize your layer, right click on the layer and select Rasterize layer, then the layer should be editable.

I agree Photoshop may seem complicated at first, really depends what you need to do, some programs maybe easier to use if you only need basics stuff. But once you get the grasp of Photoshop, there is no limit of what you can do (depends obviously if your PC is powerful enough to handle very large files too)
J
In Photoshop's "File" tab (top left of your screen).
Scroll down the list and select "Scripts", then scroll down that list and select "Load Files into Stack".
Click "Browse", select all the files you want to open and click "OK".
Tick "Attempt to Automatically Align Source Images" if you want, if not just click "OK" again.

Now all the selected images you've selected will be stack as Layers in the Layer Panel (bottom right of your screen).
You can click the "eyeball" next to each layer, to to off and on that layer, if required.

To crop the Layers, press the "C" key (the shortcut for Crop), or click the Crop icon (the 5th icon down) in tool panel on the left edge of your screen.
Adjust the crop boundaries, by clicking on the "grid" and dragging the top/bottom/left/right edges of the grid.
Press Enter or click the tick at the top of the screen to make it crop the image.

If you want to save all those stack layers as individual images again, you will need to duplicate the image, one number less than the number of layers.
i.e. if you have 4 images stack as layers, you'll need to duplicate the image 3 times.
So you'll get Image1, Image1 copy, Image1 copy 2, Image 1 copy 3.
To Duplicate the images, select the "Image" tab (two to the right of the "File" tab", scroll down the list and select "Duplicate".
Repeat this multiple times.

After that, you'll need to switch off the appropriate "eyeballs" in the Layer Panel (bottom right), so that each separate image is visible in each of the duplicates you've created

Once al the above is complete, you'll need to save each of the duplicate images.
There are a number of ways to do this, but I'll keep it straight forward.
Select the "File" tab again, scroll down and click "Save As".
Select your "File name".
Alter the "Save as type" to (I'm guessing) JPEG and click "Save".
On the next dialogue box, adjust the "Quality" to you're preferred level. 8 to 12 will give you the best quality, but will also increase the file size.
Click "OK".
Repeat the above saving procedure for all of your images.
this thing is a piece of ****.
i open 5 images in stack & have 5 layers.
ALL i want to do it manipulate the images (resiz0e them) & change their opacity so basically i can have one full size image then crop the parts I want from the other images & have them "coming through" in a blended/transparent sort of way.
i cropped one of the images but then the checkerboard background thing shrunk in size & all my ******* photos were off it & i couldnt make it bigger - wtf.
why is it so hard?
Edited by moderator: "removed swear" 10th Oct 2017
little_green22 m ago

this thing is a piece of piss.i open 5 images in stack & have 5 layers.ALL …this thing is a piece of piss.i open 5 images in stack & have 5 layers.ALL i want to do it manipulate the images (resiz0e them) & change their opacity so basically i can have one full size image then crop the parts I want from the other images & have them "coming through" in a blended/transparent sort of way.i cropped one of the images but then the checkerboard background thing shrunk in size & all my f*cking photos were off it & i couldnt make it bigger - wtf.why is it so hard?

One of these might be easier for yourself. Quickly looking number 10 should suit.

patricelaborda.jimdo.com/fre…ne/
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 9th Oct 2017
little_green16 h, 0 m ago

this thing is a piece of piss.i open 5 images in stack & have 5 layers.ALL …this thing is a piece of piss.i open 5 images in stack & have 5 layers.ALL i want to do it manipulate the images (resiz0e them) & change their opacity so basically i can have one full size image then crop the parts I want from the other images & have them "coming through" in a blended/transparent sort of way.i cropped one of the images but then the checkerboard background thing shrunk in size & all my f*cking photos were off it & i couldnt make it bigger - wtf.why is it so hard?

You just need to create a layer mask on each of the layers (apart from the bottom), then paint with black on that layer mask.
This will reveal parts of the layer, that you've painted with black.
Paint with White to undo a brush stroke.

Congrats for using swear words and not getting your post removed.
I've always failed in the past
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions