Found 3rd Jul 2008
hey ppl,

i have recently got hold of photoshop cs3 and playing around trying to learn. i am currently using it for a bit of web design. i have already created a picture which is the look of the web site, and now i just need to slice it into smaller gif segments.

it is easier to slice into segments if you use guides, and you need many guide lines to seperate everything properly. how do i add guides without having to continuously go view > new guide... > ok. it is really annoying when you want to add 20 or so guides!

cheers

6 Comments

To add a new guide easily, first make sure your rulers are turned on

View > Ruler

Then, just click and drag from the ruler and you will create a new guide

Original Poster

ahh, nice one! i was thinking that there should be some kind of drag and drop, but had been looking for some sort of icon. thanks! repped

Once you have sliced it up and ported it into HTML , the best thing you can do is srcap it and start again ! the CS3 way of creating websites leaves you with a horrible table with loads of rows and columns to play with and span across. best bet is to slice it up in CS3 then use your HTML editor to create
tags to define your blocks and use CSS to control the images and layout. It makes the difference between a good looking site and a good looking well performing easy to use site

Original Poster

MSbedsUK;2446985
Once you have sliced it up and ported it into HTML , the best thing you can do is srcap it and start again ! the CS3 way of creating websites leaves you with a horrible table with loads of rows and columns to play with and span across. best bet is to slice it up in CS3 then use your HTML editor to create
tags to define your blocks and use CSS to control the images and layout. It makes the difference between a good looking site and a good looking well performing easy to use site

yeah it came as a table, i'm trying to re-write it as in now. i am using the strict doctype and keep getting gaps though, really annoying. you know how to get around this?

the gaps don't appear between images on the same line, but they do appear between image above and below eachother

JayBird;2446422

To add a new guide easily, first make sure your rulers are turned onView … To add a new guide easily, first make sure your rulers are turned onView > RulerThen, just click and drag from the ruler and you will create a new guide

Thanks! The rulers disappeared when i last installed photoshop, and totally forgot about this. I use the guides sometimes, so that's handy.

morris7;2448477
yeah it came as a table, i'm trying to re-write it as in now. i am using the strict doctype and keep getting gaps though, really annoying. you know how to get around this?

the gaps don't appear between images on the same line, but they do appear between image above and below eachother

Im no expert , but I end up having to define an outer wrapper div usually with a fixed size say 800px
then define widths and heights in each of the divs, they may appear with gaps on dreamweaver as the display does not format the css properly , try viewing in a browser to see if it works.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Full car respray44
    2. Paw patrol sea patroller33
    3. 48 hour working time directive710
    4. Spotify family11

See more discussions