Groups

Pick a number.......

Banned
    1) pick a number from 1-10

2) subtract 5

3) multiply by 3

4) square the number (multiply by the same number) (Dont forget if its a minus number it will become a positve number eg -3 x -3 = 9)

5) Add the single digits of the numbers together.

(eg. 64 will be 6+4=10)

6) if the number is less than 5, add five. Otherwise subtract 4.

7) multiply by 2

subtract 6

9) Map the digit to a letter in the alphabet

(e.g.1=A, 2=B, 3=C, etc...)

10) pick a name of a country that begins with that letter

11) Take the second letter in the country name and think of a animal that begins with that letter

12) Go to the 4th letter in the animal's name and choose a colour which starts with that letter

Now see below. --- Once you have selected your animal and country

26 Comments

Original Poster Banned

You picked a Pink Elephant from Denmark..... (If your adding up was accurate!!!)

rubbish! didnt work for me! i even tried using a calculator!!!

worked for me !

have u actually tried this before you posted it?

try 5 or 6

turqoise goat from egypt and it was added up correctly

Don't work with 9!

Original Poster Banned

mikewarren23;2217033

rubbish! didnt work for me! i even tried using a calculator!!!

Thats because you did it wrong!

The answer will always be 4, so unless you are a geographical genius, the chances are you will pick Denmark for the letter D. And the second letter being E for your animal, high percentage chance you will pick Elephant..... and the fourth letter being P, again high percentage chance you will pick Pink.

But it all depends on getting your sums right!!!!!! Back to school for you!!!

Guv, most people on this forum cant follow simple instructions, thought you would of known that by now

5) Add the single digits of the numbers together. (Dont forget to also include your original number as well!)

(eg. 646+4=10)

That is why people are getting it wrong - the statement says one thing but the example shows something different!!
    Since when does 646+4 = 10 ??

Look.....

1) pick a number from 1-10

2) subtract 5

3) multiply by 3

4) square the number (multiply by the same number) (Dont forget if its a minus number it will become a positve number eg -3 x -3 = 9)

5) Add the single digits of the numbers together. (Dont forget to also include your original number as well!)

(eg. 646+4=10)

9+6=15

6) if the number is less than 5, add five. Otherwise subtract 4.

7) multiply by 2

subtract 6

9) Map the digit to a letter in the alphabet

P
    (e.g.1=A, 2=B, 3=C, etc...)

10) pick a name of a country that begins with that letter

Pakistan
    11) Take the second letter in the country name and think of a animal that begins with that letter
    anteater

12) Go to the 4th letter in the animal's name and choose a colour which starts with that letter

Ecru

I got a crimson anaconda from Latvia????
    i must fail lol

mikewarren23;2217112

Look.....1) pick a number from 1-10 62) subtract 513) multiply by 334) … Look.....1) pick a number from 1-10 62) subtract 513) multiply by 334) square the number (multiply by the same number) (Dont forget if its a minus number it will become a positve number eg -3 x -3 = 9)95) Add the single digits of the numbers together. (Dont forget to also include your original number as well!)(eg. 646+4=10)9+6=156) if the number is less than 5, add five. Otherwise subtract 4.117) multiply by 2228) subtract 6169) Map the digit to a letter in the alphabetP(e.g.1=A, 2=B, 3=C, etc...)10) pick a name of a country that begins with that letterPakistan11) Take the second letter in the country name and think of a animal that begins with that letteranteater12) Go to the 4th letter in the animal's name and choose a colour which starts with that letterEcru

Hmmmm interesting!!

show me how it works with 9 as the start number, tried it 5 times

Denmark, Emu - no 4th letter....

I think the problem is stage 5) you shouldn't add the original number

eg ) pick a number from 1-10 .......6

2) subtract 5 6-5=1

3) multiply by 3 1x3 =3

4) square the number 3x3 = 9

5) Add the single digits of the numbers together. 9

6) if the number is less than 5, add five. Otherwise subtract 4. 9-4=5

7) multiply by 2 5x2=10

subtract 6 10-6=4

The answer is always 4

Original Poster Banned

kungfu;2217127

show me how it works with 9 as the start number, tried it 5 times

Nine

minus 5 = 4

Times by 3 = 12

Square of 12 = 144

Add the numbers together 1+4+4 = 9

Take away 4 as its bigger than 5 becomes five

Multiply by 2 = 10

Now take away 6 = 4

Fourth letter = D..................

Original Poster Banned

kelly_o_fanatic;2217221

Denmark, Emu - no 4th letter....

There's always one smart a........

OK, you could have picked Dominican Republic and then its really screwed!

Or for 9

2) subtract 5 =4

3) multiply by 3 =12

4) square the number =144

5) Add the single digits of the numbers together. =9

6) if the number is less than 5, add five. Otherwise subtract 4. =5

7) multiply by 2 =10

subtract 6 =4

Original Poster Banned

chrysha;2217320

I think the problem is stage 5) you shouldn't add the original number

Ssshhhh! Hands up - I messed up:whistling:

Bad cut and paste jobbie it orginally said "646+4=10" - What it should have said was 64 will be 6+4=10 - but I misinterpeted it as being the original number! And to make it worse - I obviously added up wrong in the first place because I did get 4 as my final answer!

I'll get my coat!!!

Original Poster Banned

KELLY 'N' STEVE;2217095

5) Add the single digits of the numbers together. (Dont forget to also … 5) Add the single digits of the numbers together. (Dont forget to also include your original number as well!)(eg. 646+4=10)That is why people are getting it wrong - the statement says one thing but the example shows something different!!Since when does 646+4 = 10 ??

64 is 6+4=10

guv;2217332

There's always one smart a........ :pOK, you could have picked Dominican … There's always one smart a........ :pOK, you could have picked Dominican Republic and then its really screwed!

or Dominica, but emu is a bird!

guv;2217377

Ssshhhh! Hands up - I messed up:whistling:Bad cut and paste jobbie it … Ssshhhh! Hands up - I messed up:whistling:Bad cut and paste jobbie it orginally said "646+4=10" - What it should have said was 64 will be 6+4=10 - but I misinterpeted it as being the original number! And to make it worse - I obviously added up wrong in the first place because I did get 4 as my final answer!I'll get my coat!!!

OOooo nice editing of original post - now we all look like idiots :whistling:

And mine was a purple elephant!

Original Poster Banned

chrysha;2217424

OOooo nice editing of original post - now we all look like idiots … OOooo nice editing of original post - now we all look like idiots :whistling:

Nah. Not everyone here looks like an idiot!:p

But I did own up!! :whistling:

guv;2218041

Nah. Not everyone here looks like an idiot!:pBut I did own up!! … Nah. Not everyone here looks like an idiot!:pBut I did own up!! :whistling:

And i thought i was being really dumb haha! :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2838
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523454
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …235745
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30404

See more discussions