Picture card or Memory card?

Just got delivery of an Olympus fe-270 digital camera. It says in the manual that i need to buy an Olympus picure card, whats the difference between this and a memory card, also do i need to get an 'Olympus' brand? Thanks

8 Comments

Does it have deatil of SD card or MMC card or anything in regards to that?

Original Poster

chralph;2490035

Does it have deatil of SD card or MMC card or anything in regards to that?

It just makes reference to inserting an Picture card:?

A 'picture' card is a memory card. You need to know the format, and purchase accordingly.

Original Poster

Titchimp;2490104

google is your friend http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XD-Picture_Card

It just tells me what it is, not what the difference is, i have googled,couldnt find the information so decided to ask here

Original Poster

thesaint;2490116

A 'picture' card is a memory card. You need to know the format, and … A 'picture' card is a memory card. You need to know the format, and purchase accordingly.

does it have to be the 'Olympus' brand as suggested in the manual, and does anyone happen to know where i can get one from at a good price after 2gb

nadss;2490123

It just tells me what it is, not what the difference is, i have … It just tells me what it is, not what the difference is, i have googled,couldnt find the information so decided to ask here

Its all there.

nadss;2490141

does it have to be the 'Olympus' brand as suggested in the manual, and … does it have to be the 'Olympus' brand as suggested in the manual, and does anyone happen to know where i can get one from at a good price after 2gb

It's an xD picture card, you don't need an Olympus one

Here's one, you will have to shop around, as this is for illustration purposes only.

play.com/Ele…nre
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona1531
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764046
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!1619
    4. Ebid over Ebay55

See more discussions