Picture pixelating on some channels but not all on the sky box - any ideas?

Found 19th Feb
Ok home from a few days away and one of our sky boxes (the multi room one not the main box) is playing up on at least bbc1, 2 and itv but not on the sky channels themselves though of course they are all coming down the same feed. The picture is pixelating and freezing. Sky have said it looks like a box issue not dish and will cost "x" amount to come out blah blah. However when we swapped the so called faulty box for an old box and paired the card to it the replacement box is doing the same thing on the same channels. Why would just some channels be being affected? Any idea what it might be?

The main sky box in a different room is not doing this at all. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Community Updates
AskEntertainment
7 Comments
I know there are problems caused by the 4G signal on freeview channels, causing pixellation and freezing. There is a government organisation set up to repair any disruption, and there help is free. Have a look here at800
mrty2 m ago

I know there are problems caused by the 4G signal on freeview channels, …I know there are problems caused by the 4G signal on freeview channels, causing pixellation and freezing. There is a government organisation set up to repair any disruption, and there help is free. Have a look here at800

Thanks but this looks like it affects freeview channels only and we are talking about sky reception here. Thanks.
Could a tree branch be obscuring the dish in anyway. This happened to our dish a while back.
Broxy6 m ago

Could a tree branch be obscuring the dish in anyway. This happened to our …Could a tree branch be obscuring the dish in anyway. This happened to our dish a while back.

Don't think so as this was not the case a few days ago but dark now so can't check. I would not think this would be the reason as I would have thought the box in the main room would be affected too as they both run off same dish?
Replace cable into the box / refit the f connector, possibly also the splitter if you have one
You might need a new LNB (the thing of the end of the stick pointing at the dish).

Have you got 2 separate cables coming from the dish to each room where the 2 separate boxes are, or just one cable from the dish to the main room with a splitter off to the multiroom box?

I would also check the cable feeding the multiroom box to see if there is any damage to it.
Edited by: "m00head" 19th Feb
For future reference, you'd get a better response posting in Ask, rather than Misc:

hotukdeals.com/tag…sed
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants