Picture settings LG BX

Posted 18th Aug 2021
Who can I get the best recommended picture settings from for the LG BX please?

I have tried a few on YouTube and Google but I'm still not happy with the quality of the picture in game mode on PS5 or in vivid mode for when I watch blu rays

I use vivid as I prefer a brighter picture than the dark look like in filmmaker or cinema mode
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

Categories

15 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Panel consistency continues to be a problem with LG.
    efc_4ever18/08/2021 16:03

Yes that's it . I gone OLED 100CONTRAST 100BRIGHTNESS 60SHARPNESS 30COLOUR …Yes that's it . I gone OLED 100CONTRAST 100BRIGHTNESS 60SHARPNESS 30COLOUR 65TINT 0COLOUR TEMP C50ADVANCED CONTROLDYNAMIC CONTRAST HIGHTONE MAPPING ONDYNAMIC COLOUR HIGHGAMUT WIDERESOLUTION MEDIUMPEAK BRIGHTNESS HIGHI prefer the way it looks now but still not won over. I used to own a Samsung RU8000 and that was a bright TV so I think it's just taking some getting used too

I'm glad you're getting closer to how you like it. Those are some very showroom style settings, but each to their own.

I'm sure you know you'll need to change the settings for each input and when you HDR content. Also the TV will get much brighter when you feed it HDR content.

Also worth noting that those settings will mean you have a higher chance of suffering from burn-in at an early stage
    Author
    Corkscrew18/08/2021 16:20

Pretty much the polar opposite. From what I can remember:Oled light = 60 …Pretty much the polar opposite. From what I can remember:Oled light = 60 SDR. 100 HDRContrast = 85-100, depending on the movieBrightness = 50Sharpness = 5Colour Temp = Warm 1 (I used to like Cool, but trained to get to Warm 1)Dynamic Contrast = Off most of the time. Sometimes I change it to mediumTone mapping = OnSmart resolution = mediumPeak brightness = high

I'll give them a shot and see what it looks like. I can always revert back to my other settings. Thanks for your help though
    Head over to AVForums as there are usually really useful threads on there regarding picture settings.

Be mindful that all panels and environments are different, so what may work out best for someone might not be the same for you.
    I found the picture settings on Rtings suited me, with a few minor tweaks.
    What particular issue are you finding? Is it not bright enough?
    The best settings are what looks good to your eyes, I tend to increase the contrast, colour and OLED backlight higher than professional settings.
    If youre used to a poorly setup TV before then vivid might look close to what youre used to but the whole point of watching 4K films on an expensive OLED is lost in Vivid etc. Start with Cinema but maybe reduce colour temp from Warm 2 to Warm 1.
    For gaming you cant really go wrong as colours are not meant to be accurate - but again reducing the colour temp to Medium can help.
    Dont touch brightness as this just washes things out.
    The OLED light setting helps in a bright room but in HDR will be set higher anyway.
    Author
    Corkscrew18/08/2021 11:44

I found the picture settings on Rtings suited me, with a few minor …I found the picture settings on Rtings suited me, with a few minor tweaks.What particular issue are you finding? Is it not bright enough?

Ye just to dark looking
    efc_4ever18/08/2021 13:39

Ye just to dark looking

A couple of things you can do is:
    - Make sure eco settings are off
    - make sure peak brightness is set to high
    - enable dynamic tone mapping

Otherwise OLED might not be for you. If possible swap out for a high end LED TV from Samsung or Sony
    Author
    Corkscrew18/08/2021 13:50

A couple of things you can do is:- Make sure eco settings are off- make …A couple of things you can do is:- Make sure eco settings are off- make sure peak brightness is set to high- enable dynamic tone mappingOtherwise OLED might not be for you. If possible swap out for a high end LED TV from Samsung or Sony

Thankyou
    Author
    Corkscrew18/08/2021 13:50

A couple of things you can do is:- Make sure eco settings are off- make …A couple of things you can do is:- Make sure eco settings are off- make sure peak brightness is set to high- enable dynamic tone mappingOtherwise OLED might not be for you. If possible swap out for a high end LED TV from Samsung or Sony

For some reason it's not letting me go into advanced controls to change the settings you recommended changing

I tried during the Netflix app and then I also tried during my Amazon cube on hdmi 2 and still not able to go into advanced controls in picture settings
    efc_4ever18/08/2021 15:46

For some reason it's not letting me go into advanced controls to change …For some reason it's not letting me go into advanced controls to change the settings you recommended changingI tried during the Netflix app and then I also tried during my Amazon cube on hdmi 2 and still not able to go into advanced controls in picture settings

From the main presets, don't choose Vivid. Start with a different one like Standard or Cinema
    Author
    Corkscrew18/08/2021 15:54

From the main presets, don't choose Vivid. Start with a different one like …From the main presets, don't choose Vivid. Start with a different one like Standard or Cinema

Yes that's it . I gone

OLED 100
    CONTRAST 100
    BRIGHTNESS 60
    SHARPNESS 30
    COLOUR 65
    TINT 0
    COLOUR TEMP C50

ADVANCED CONTROL

DYNAMIC CONTRAST HIGH
    TONE MAPPING ON
    DYNAMIC COLOUR HIGH
    GAMUT WIDE
    RESOLUTION MEDIUM
    PEAK BRIGHTNESS HIGH

I prefer the way it looks now but still not won over. I used to own a Samsung RU8000 and that was a bright TV so I think it's just taking some getting used too
    Author
    Corkscrew18/08/2021 16:10

I'm glad you're getting closer to how you like it. Those are some very …I'm glad you're getting closer to how you like it. Those are some very showroom style settings, but each to their own.I'm sure you know you'll need to change the settings for each input and when you HDR content. Also the TV will get much brighter when you feed it HDR content.Also worth noting that those settings will mean you have a higher chance of suffering from burn-in at an early stage

Out of interest what are your settings please?
    efc_4ever18/08/2021 16:13

Out of interest what are your settings please?

Pretty much the polar opposite. From what I can remember:
    Oled light = 60 SDR. 100 HDR
    Contrast = 85-100, depending on the movie
    Brightness = 50
    Sharpness = 5
    Colour Temp = Warm 1 (I used to like Cool, but trained to get to Warm 1)

Dynamic Contrast = Off most of the time. Sometimes I change it to medium
    Tone mapping = On
    Smart resolution = medium
    Peak brightness = high
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants