Groups

picture to canvass help

Banned
    want to have a picture turned from colour to black and white and put onto a canvass, also a little colour added to some part of pic, is this expensive?

27 Comments

Hey sassie try these guys we used them for our family portrait:)
    canvasrus.co.uk/

Not sure on price the O/H will not tell me as it was a present to yours truly!

That canvas fella off Ebay...someone else will fill you in more.

Should try Asda or Tesco. I know they both do canvas prints and i think asda do the pic restoration thing.

Original Poster Banned

Lulu'sMammy;4566457

That canvas fella off Ebay...someone else will fill you in more.

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

There was voucher posted for money off Aldi canvas print a couple of days ago, I think.

hotukdeals.com/ite…di/

easy enough to monochrome it, you can then even buy a canvas off of photobox.

Do the retouching yourself (or get someone from here to do it) rather than pay - its not a hard job...

Original Poster Banned

so i have to get a normal pic, change it myself to black and white and add colour, errrmm i thought i could take the print into a shop and they would do all this for me - lol

sassie;4566666

so i have to get a normal pic, change it myself to black and white and … so i have to get a normal pic, change it myself to black and white and add colour, errrmm i thought i could take the print into a shop and they would do all this for me - lol

your planning on taking a print to the shop? can they even do this? I cant see them being able to take a 7x5 and blowing it up to a decent sized canvas without it becomming pixalated, i may be wrong, I thought they'd only do it from a digital file.

Original Poster Banned

MinstrelMan;4566699

your planning on taking a print to the shop? can they even do this? I … your planning on taking a print to the shop? can they even do this? I cant see them being able to take a 7x5 and blowing it up to a decent sized canvas without it becomming pixalated, i may be wrong, I thought they'd only do it from a digital file.

ok, thanks will have a rethink :oops:

sassie;4566715

ok, thanks will have a rethink :oops:

its worth asking, like I said I may be wrong.

sassie;4566666

so i have to get a normal pic, change it myself to black and white and … so i have to get a normal pic, change it myself to black and white and add colour, errrmm i thought i could take the print into a shop and they would do all this for me - lol

Take the pic; stick it on the photos thread and someone will do it for you, I'm 99% certain - then go to the on-line sites. They all do canvasses - I think the Photobox and Pixum are probably the best.
    A couple of people - esq and alictait I think put up pics of their posters the other day.

How do,

the pic touch up is fairly straight forward
    I did one of my neice. I can do that bit for you if you want then you can just do the rest online with a canvas company. let me know.
    PS you can email me if you want me to see the one i did, tis awesome i think!

just changed my avatar to show my pic, good eh?

small image ginge, it that true selective colouring or have you adjusted they colours on the original layer?

enhanced them a bit but just for the pics benifit really, put a depth of focus on there as well to make my neice stand out more.

Is it already digitized or is a photo? If its a photo, do you have a (decent) scanner?

how do i post up pics? and i;ll show you the ones I have done

lufc_ginge;4566897

how do i post up pics? and i;ll show you the ones I have done

From rayman's thread

Once the image is on your computer, you'll need to use a free hosting … Once the image is on your computer, you'll need to use a free hosting site, such as: http://www.photobucket.com or http://www.tinypic.com/ or http://www.imageshack.us to upload and host them on. Browse your desktop or folders for the image you want to upload to one of those sites, then click "Upload".Once that's completed, a URL or web address will automatically be created for you to copy and paste in the forum 'IMG Code' for forum thread replies.

Original Poster Banned

ok i think i havent pt this across to well, will start again, i want to take a pic of the kids and turn it to black and white and put on canvas, i have a digital camera

No worries Sassie,

Take a picture on the camera, put in on your pc. then aske someone (like me) politely to change it to how you want, ie make it black and white whilst keeping a bit in colour (is that correct) and then they can send it back to you and you can then go onlione to a cavas supplier and get it printed and mounted.

sassie;4566965

ok i think i havent pt this across to well, will start again, i want to … ok i think i havent pt this across to well, will start again, i want to take a pic of the kids and turn it to black and white and put on canvas, i have a digital camera

That's exactly what I understood ( plus a bit of colour didn't you say?):thumbsup:

cheers Chesso, but i'm at work and all those sites get blocked. At least i know how now tho!

I think that this is the one a lot of peeps on here have gone for before - my mate used him and had no problems: thetimeman.co.uk/

Original Poster Banned

thank you for all the links guys, as soon as i get my **** into gear and sorted i will be back for help - lol

timeman on ebay awesome quality :thumbsup:

One of his large 45" canvas
    http://i43.tinypic.com/n2mxbn.jpg

Timeman on the bay link

]timeman link
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      3. love affairs912
      4. word association Game73844475

See more discussions