Pie Face Game Modification

Found 14th Dec 2015
So, like many others I bought the Pie Face game for some fun with friends when drinking. However, I am pretty disappointed with the 'random' trigger mechanism.

After watching the viral video it seemed like the dad an son got multiple goes before the hand was released, but my game goes if after 6-9 turns.... even after 1!

To me the buzz of the game is the anticipation of being hit, so has anyone else experienced this and managed to open the game up and rectify it ? If so could you tell me what you did.

1. Misc
  2. Pie Face
12 Comments

Not sure of your question. Are you saying that you are disappointed because it is random and it can go off at any time? Isn't that whole idea of it?

Original Poster

NEtech

Not sure of your question. Are you saying that you are disappointed … Not sure of your question. Are you saying that you are disappointed because it is random and it can go off at any time? Isn't that whole idea of it?

No, I know it should be random. My problem is that it is too quick to trigger. For example, I was playing with 3 of my friends (4 people in total) and every game lasted no longer than 3 turns because the hand would release after only a small number of turns. Considering the spinner goes up to 5 turns of the handle I would expect the hand only to go off after 15-30 turns or something. At the moment the highest I have managed to get is 9 turns before the hand is released.
Edited by: "LM290" 14th Dec 2015

LM290

No, I know it should be random. My problem is that it is too quick to … No, I know it should be random. My problem is that it is too quick to trigger. For example, I was playing with 3 of my friends (4 people in total) and every game lasted no longer than 3 turns because the hand would release after only a small number of turns. Considering the spinner goes up to 5 turns of the handle I would expect the hand only to go off after 15-30 turns or something. At the moment the highest I have managed to get is 9 turns before the hand is released.

half turn or quarter (or chosen fraction) turn the handle
learn about fractions at the same time
win win!

Original Poster

brilly

half turn or quarter (or chosen fraction) turn the handlelearn about … half turn or quarter (or chosen fraction) turn the handlelearn about fractions at the same timewin win!

Unfortunately, that would just be a pain to manage. the mechanism doesn't have enough friction for you to keep the same rotation of the previous player. as soon as you touch it spins freely until you make another 'click'.

InB4 'How can I sue Hasbro after I lost an eye using pie face?'

Hack it, fit a spring out of a pogo stick or a crossbow.

the only modification i would make would be to add broken glass on the end of the delivery method then start filming my film 'die face'.

zsaewtsrsxç za

They will all be in landfills by the end of January anyway.

You want to swap it with mine? ours takes on average 4217 turns before it flings, makes my arm ache.

Use cat turd. Then is poo face

ours is the same, always goes off within about 6 turns
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions