piece stuck on iphone headphone jack

Found 26th Jul 2011
right so heres the deal:

i a piece of headphone stuck inside my ipod....the headphones just broke when i tryed ti oull it out after listening to music which was really weird...to top it all off it was a brand new APPLE IPHONE 4 HEADPHONE which came with an iphone 4 i bought and i had for literally 4 days.

now first thing first ...i tryed finding sum pliers to take em off but none work ...im nt too confident in opening the ipod and i have taken them to numerous phone repair shops and none offer any help.

second thing is am i right to thing that apple can be responsible for this ?? it was an official headphones and i had it for 4 days ,...no damage had been done to it ...and now its stuck on my bloody ipod.

i still got the heaphone and if i press it into the piece stuck on the ipod one hear still works.

anyhelp ust to take the bloody thing out ??

thanks
Community Updates
15 Comments
additional info:forgot to say tryed tweezers and failed miserably lol
can you not take it in to apple for them to sort it, before you break it even more
secretwoman123

can you not take it in to apple for them to sort it, before you break it … can you not take it in to apple for them to sort it, before you break it even more

lol dont get me wrong ...i wuld love to ..howevvr im on holiday in portugalon hol atm and wuld love to have my ipod in time for my flight on friday..plus the facts i do not have a clue where apple stores are around here nor knw if they wuld need to keep it as this wuld cause problems.

and im nt breaking it...nothing worng with the ipod bar the tip of the headphone stuck in it
Leave it til you get home. Seriously.
gabriel2k7

lol dont get me wrong ...i wuld love to ..howevvr im on holiday in … lol dont get me wrong ...i wuld love to ..howevvr im on holiday in portugalon hol atm and wuld love to have my ipod in time for my flight on friday..plus the facts i do not have a clue where apple stores are around here nor knw if they wuld need to keep it as this wuld cause problems. and im nt breaking it...nothing worng with the ipod bar the tip of the headphone stuck in it

oh right, well it is up to you but i personally would leave it till you back and take it to apple, would rather miss out on listening to music on one flight than knacker it all together by forcing it to get it out as no other way really
I love your spelling, grammar and syntax - I wonder what is your first language?
gabriel2k7

The exact same thing happened with my daughter's iphone and although still under guarantee Apple would not fix it for her, they could give her a new one, but for £119.00. So I had to go through my insurance company and even they refused, but when I appealed the insurance companys decision they decided to fix it. Apple were more or less saying that it was her fault and this type of repair was not included in the guarantee. Hope this helps
I'd be tempted to say try and use a magnet to get it out but something in the back of my mind is saying that magnets can wipe hard drives...so I can't promise that this is a good idea.
Suck it out. Or you could ask the other half

Honestly though, whatever you do, if you're not quite confident it would work, best leave it till you get back. Where is Portugal are you btw?
Oooh some suggestions here including:

1) Applied some superglue to the broken portion of the cable and plugged it in, waited 15 secs and took it out and the other end came out with it.

2) Silly putty is also an answer...

3) I had success with this method, although it's not without some risk:
Unfold a paper clip and heat one end of it over a naked flame (candle or gas hob will do it).
When it's really hot carefully push it into the iTouch and then into the plastic shaft of the headphone jack so that the plastic melts onto the paperclip.
Being careful not to move the paperclip around too much, let it cool for a few seconds and, if you're lucky, you should be able to pull the whole thing out.
Worked first time for me, having failed with super glue, tweezers and a fish hook!

haha to b honest my fist language is portuguese :P ...and i am doing a business course in uni lol so i can spell properly ..but im just lazy lol plus u understood it enuff to give this awesome reply

crd67

I love your spelling, grammar and syntax - I wonder what is your first … I love your spelling, grammar and syntax - I wonder what is your first language?

gabriel2k7

sickly sweet

Oooh some suggestions here including:1) Applied some superglue to the … Oooh some suggestions here including:1) Applied some superglue to the broken portion of the cable and plugged it in, waited 15 secs and took it out and the other end came out with it.2) Silly putty is also an answer...3) I had success with this method, although it's not without some risk:Unfold a paper clip and heat one end of it over a naked flame (candle or gas hob will do it).When it's really hot carefully push it into the iTouch and then into the plastic shaft of the headphone jack so that the plastic melts onto the paperclip. Being careful not to move the paperclip around too much, let it cool for a few seconds and, if you're lucky, you should be able to pull the whole thing out.Worked first time for me, having failed with super glue, tweezers and a fish hook!

ohh that doesnt sound good...have to travel quite a bit for an apple shop aswell so think i will give em a ring prior to going there

the super glue bit scares me as it can go everywhere so will avoid that, number 2 i got no idea what that means, and number 3 is indeed too risky.

thanks for all ur help tho .
Try pry it out with a needle? or a toothpick
I got an iPhone 4 last year a couple weeks after the release.
I went travelling last summer, and 4 weeks into my trip, in the middle of Austria, I had a similar problem.

It was slightly different in that my phone THOUGHT there was a set of headphones plugged in, but there wasnt. The sound wouldnt come out of the device any more, and if I wanted to make a call I had to use the headphones.

This is slightly different than your problem but I thought I would mention it. I followed all the instructions and went into Apple stores in every City I went to, Munich, Frankfurt and a couple others. They all said it was a software problem, but when I got home, I had to get it replaced by O2, which took weeks more.

I hope you find a solution!
Get a cheap Bluetooth headset music problem solved .. then when you get home purchase a galaxy s 2 its great.
DannyM

Try pry it out with a needle? or a toothpick

i guess u wuldnt b suprise to knw i already tryed both and failed miserably

dga

@Gabriel, I used to live and work in Oporto, there were plenty of small … @Gabriel, I used to live and work in Oporto, there were plenty of small electronics companies who would do the job for lunch money. Happiest years of my life, I'm jealous of your generally content society and despise living in the UK. sorry to hear you are selling out to the Euro machine

im in lisbon atm ..i have check pretty much every electronic shops i seen around and sum refused to do it and others couldnt get it out

farfromout

I got an iPhone 4 last year a couple weeks after the release. I went … I got an iPhone 4 last year a couple weeks after the release. I went travelling last summer, and 4 weeks into my trip, in the middle of Austria, I had a similar problem.It was slightly different in that my phone THOUGHT there was a set of headphones plugged in, but there wasnt. The sound wouldnt come out of the device any more, and if I wanted to make a call I had to use the headphones.This is slightly different than your problem but I thought I would mention it. I followed all the instructions and went into Apple stores in every City I went to, Munich, Frankfurt and a couple others. They all said it was a software problem, but when I got home, I had to get it replaced by O2, which took weeks more. I hope you find a solution!

outch ...i wuld cry if that happned to me ...fortunately my hopefully will b fixed as soon as i get the tip of the headphone out

kev_u8701r

Get a cheap Bluetooth headset music problem solved .. then when you get … Get a cheap Bluetooth headset music problem solved .. then when you get home purchase a galaxy s 2 its great.

ha thanks for the suggestion ill pass...and i did consider a galaxy s 2 but went for the iphone already. galaxy's price is already dropping so i think i made a wise choice
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants