Groups

piercing experts needed! help re my microdermal

bought a new top attachment for my microdermal today but it wont fit. i have the correct size (1.2 internal thread) but it will only screw in on one thread then stop? dont all attachments fit? could the threads be different to my implant?

11 Comments

Could Be Cross-threaded

is it gold?

Original Poster

DAMNOME;6146767

Could Be Cross-threaded

no ive tried about 5 times, stops in the same place on the threads all the time. seems like the threads are different to my old one but i thought something like these would be universal

Original Poster

t0mm;6146796

is it gold?

nope. stainless steel or titanium but not sure lol

donnaraine;6146819

nope. stainless steel or titanium but not sure lol

Ah, just a note, gold are the worst, it's a soft metal so it'll wreck the threads.

Original Poster

t0mm;6146831

Ah, just a note, gold are the worst, it's a soft metal so it'll wreck the … Ah, just a note, gold are the worst, it's a soft metal so it'll wreck the threads.

ahh wondered why you asked lol

yeah if i wreck the threads on the implant itself im boogered!!!
    and its on my little finger so i couldnt leave it with nothing in cos it would look awful

could just be a dodgy thread on new attachment, wrongly sized even, depends where you buy from, I have bought tunnels before now and sizing been way out!

Banned

can ya show us a piccie of your thing, never seen one before

donnaraine;6146815

no ive tried about 5 times, stops in the same place on the threads all … no ive tried about 5 times, stops in the same place on the threads all the time. seems like the threads are different to my old one but i thought something like these would be universal

Sounds to me like you've been 'stitched' up... :whistling:

Original Poster

silkymolo;6147083

could just be a dodgy thread on new attachment, wrongly sized even, … could just be a dodgy thread on new attachment, wrongly sized even, depends where you buy from, I have bought tunnels before now and sizing been way out!

nah its the right size as it screws onto the first part of the thread, could be a dodgy part of the thread though. im annoyed i wont be able to get my money back though as the piercer put the attachment in as far as it would go. i didnt say anything cos i thought i would be able to sort it when i got home DUR

Original Poster

sassie;6147104

can ya show us a piccie of your thing, never seen one before

i'll try upload one later as i dont have any on my computer
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Heads-Up / Reminder - How to avoid using PayPal's own conversion rates :{11
      2. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32454
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047203
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7331391

See more discussions