Pillow recommendations please?

Posted 16th Dec 2019
Can anyone please recommend some good quality (hotel style) pillows? I’m a side sleeper and like a medium-firm pillow that my head isn’t just going to sink through. I’ve purchased so many that have ended up in the bin, most recently Dorma’s “full forever”, I don’t want to waste any more money thanks in advance!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

48 Comments
Simba pillows are amazing. £95 each tho but well worth it
I'm on the lookout myself. I keep meaning to look at those My Pillow ones advertised on the radio. In fact I'll look now
Edited by: "deeky" 16th Dec 2019
Silentnight Hotel Collection Pillow - Pack of 2 amazon.co.uk/dp/…33Q
DexterMorganxxxx16/12/2019 22:30

Silentnight Hotel Collection Pillow - Pack of 2 …Silentnight Hotel Collection Pillow - Pack of 2 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01FMHF1EA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_uua-DbP3DW33Q

Do you have these to vouch for them? I’ve purchased ones with good reviews and haven’t thought much of them myself.
Ron8616/12/2019 22:27

Simba pillows are amazing. £95 each tho but well worth it

I can’t say I’ve got a spare £380 for pillows just now but thank you anyway
Iv got a set of these in the guest room and everyone who sleeps in there likes them.
Wowcher and Groupon always have some sort of deal with pillows
wowcher.co.uk/guides/pillows
groupon.co.uk/goo…ows

They tend to have high quality looking ones, ours are from wowcher
Edited by: "Elliottt_" 16th Dec 2019
Panda
The box Pillows from the range are brilliant and not very expensive but also nanu Pillows are great, they tailor make them to you, ie side sleep, height, weight etc xxx they are dearer at 35 but I take mine everywhere with me it's awesome xxx
IGel side sleeper from Bensons. Best pillow I’ve ever purchased.
DexterMorganxxxx16/12/2019 22:34

Iv got a set of these in the guest room and everyone who sleeps in there …Iv got a set of these in the guest room and everyone who sleeps in there likes them.

39407992-Y6T6k.jpgChecked the Argos reviews and they don’t sound as convincing for every day use but thank you anyway!
Elliottt_16/12/2019 22:36

Wowcher and Groupon always have some sort of deal with pillows …Wowcher and Groupon always have some sort of deal with pillows wowcher.co.uk/guides/pillows https://www.groupon.co.uk/goods/pillowsThey tend to have high quality looking ones, ours are from wowcher

Thank you I’ll do a bit of research and see if any are worth buying, I get student discount on Groupon too so even better if there are some
M_L16/12/2019 22:39

Panda

I’ve not heard of these, any specific type?
dancingmeggy16/12/2019 22:41

The box Pillows from the range are brilliant and not very expensive but …The box Pillows from the range are brilliant and not very expensive but also nanu Pillows are great, they tailor make them to you, ie side sleep, height, weight etc xxx they are dearer at 35 but I take mine everywhere with me it's awesome xxx

I’ve been looking at the rectangle box shaped pillows not sure if that’s what you’re referring to but apparently they’re better for side sleepers. I’ll have a look into both though sound like good pillow potential
ChelseaRae16/12/2019 23:08

I’ve been looking at the rectangle box shaped pillows not sure if that’s wh …I’ve been looking at the rectangle box shaped pillows not sure if that’s what you’re referring to but apparently they’re better for side sleepers. I’ll have a look into both though sound like good pillow potential

Yeah that's what I meant, I'm a side sleeper and both those Pillows are fab for that xxx
ShannonF9616/12/2019 22:46

IGel side sleeper from Bensons. Best pillow I’ve ever purchased.

Do you sleep with one or two?
39408101-dShRe.jpgI personally wouldn’t listen to a few negative reviews on Argos. A lot of people liked them on amazon.
dancingmeggy16/12/2019 23:09

Yeah that's what I meant, I'm a side sleeper and both those Pillows are …Yeah that's what I meant, I'm a side sleeper and both those Pillows are fab for that xxx

Brill, thank you! Which ones from The Range? Is it their own brand?
ChelseaRae16/12/2019 23:11

Brill, thank you! Which ones from The Range? Is it their own brand?

39408137-whTWQ.jpgIts this one xxx
Hands down Dunlopillo Latex pillow can’t beat them usually £50-60 and you get a 5 year guarantee
ChelseaRae16/12/2019 23:16

Thank you 💓

You're welcome xxx hope you get a good night's sleep soon 😘 xxx
srb_16/12/2019 23:15

Hands down Dunlopillo Latex pillow can’t beat them usually £50-60 and you g …Hands down Dunlopillo Latex pillow can’t beat them usually £50-60 and you get a 5 year guarantee

Do you need one or two? At the mo I’m sleeping with 3 pillows but don’t mind spending more if I only need one or two!
dancingmeggy16/12/2019 23:17

You're welcome xxx hope you get a good night's sleep soon 😘 xxx

Thank you, went to visit Santa with my son the other day and he asked what I want for Christmas... I said a good nights sleep 😩 xx
ChelseaRae16/12/2019 23:19

Thank you, went to visit Santa with my son the other day and he asked what …Thank you, went to visit Santa with my son the other day and he asked what I want for Christmas... I said a good nights sleep 😩 xx

Awww know what that's like, I don't function very well on not much sleep xxx
I’ve got a Eve memory foam pillow, I sleep on my side and it’s possibly one of the comfiest pillows I’ve ever had. All the other ones just go flat, can be quite pricey (£50 for a pillow) but sleeping on it for one night and you can see why.
ChelseaRae16/12/2019 23:18

Do you need one or two? At the mo I’m sleeping with 3 pillows but don’t min …Do you need one or two? At the mo I’m sleeping with 3 pillows but don’t mind spending more if I only need one or two!

Just the one I’m the same can’t stand the ones where you sink in, they do two types a slimmer one and a full size one which I prefer which I’m guessing you would also it’s called Dunlopillo Super Comfort
Elfen16/12/2019 23:23

I’ve got a Eve memory foam pillow, I sleep on my side and it’s possibly one …I’ve got a Eve memory foam pillow, I sleep on my side and it’s possibly one of the comfiest pillows I’ve ever had. All the other ones just go flat, can be quite pricey (£50 for a pillow) but sleeping on it for one night and you can see why.

Do you have one or two?
I got a tempur pillow, definitely worth the money had it so long and still good quality, kept really well
srb_16/12/2019 23:26

Just the one I’m the same can’t stand the ones where you sink in, they do t …Just the one I’m the same can’t stand the ones where you sink in, they do two types a slimmer one and a full size one which I prefer which I’m guessing you would also it’s called Dunlopillo Super Comfort

Thank you I’ll definitely have a look, the amount of £ I’ve thrown down the drain is ridiculous so if I can get away with buying one good quality one then even better!
Sorry for intruding in your thread OP. Wanted to ask for OP or anyone else. I sleep on my right side, issue I have is that when I wake up. My pillows are usually upright from being flat. So my head is resting on the very edge of the pillow but I've not moved down from my bed.

Wanting to ask would a different pillow help or is it just how I'm moving around in my sleep.
I'd recommend a memory foam bamboo pillow from Panda. It's around £40 on Amazon (sometimes on sale for less). Probably the best pillow I've used in years. Tried many different types but always suffered from neck pains and this seemed to help alot. I've got a few of them now. Smells like bamboo out the box, but the smell fades very quickly. Has a 10 year guarantee and the customer service has been excellent for me. Besides always free returns on Amazon if you're not happy with it
I was exactly the same as you. Went through loads and loads of different pillows, various memory foam, straw filled, wheat filled, latex, what have you. This only stopped when I bought a Tempur cloud pillow a few years ago. This is also an expensive pillow but totally worth it. You only need 1 of the cloud pillows and if you want another different pillow with it then it’s much easier to find a soft thin pillow to lay on top.

Transformed my sleeping. You can find them a bit cheaper via gumtree or ebay sometimes.

Good luck in your search.
deleted1965997
Buy a pillow bag
Buy buckwheat husks
Buy lavender
Mix buckwheat and lavender. Add to the pillow.

Enjoy
ChelseaRae16/12/2019 23:10

Do you sleep with one or two?

Use to sleep with 4 pillows... I now sleep with a normal hotel collection pillow with an iGel on top. Perfect!
How can anyone rely on a pillow recommendation from a total stranger? You will have to do the feel test yourself,and who in their right mind pays £95 for a pillow?
daveandvera17/12/2019 07:59

How can anyone rely on a pillow recommendation from a total stranger? You …How can anyone rely on a pillow recommendation from a total stranger? You will have to do the feel test yourself,and who in their right mind pays £95 for a pillow?

The way I see it is that you spend a third of your life in bed, so I don’t see a problem shelling out for a pillow you find comfortable whether it costs £15 or £95

As for recommendations I agree, these are only suggestions to try...
daveandvera17/12/2019 07:59

How can anyone rely on a pillow recommendation from a total stranger? You …How can anyone rely on a pillow recommendation from a total stranger? You will have to do the feel test yourself,and who in their right mind pays £95 for a pillow?

Because I’ve stated the type of pillow I am after (side sleeper, medium-firm) and searching online is a ball ache, if I can get some recommendations to narrow my search it’s much easier.

A feel test in a shop through the packaging doesn’t really give any indication as to how comfortable it is to sleep on and whether or not the quality will last past the initial month or two. I’ve spent over £95 looking for the right pillow or on ones that claim to stay plump and then to flat or lumpy within a couple of months so no problem spending a bit more if it saves replacing and gives me a good night sleep!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions