Groups

Pinewood's Movie Drive-In

Take a drive into Buckinghamshire to catch Pinewood Studios' first ever public drive-in movies, projected on to Europe's largest bluescreen on the Paddock Lot, complete with refreshments delivered direct to your car. The Halloween programme features 'The Omen' (1976, Cert: 15) in the afternoon, or opt for 'The Shining' (1980, Cert: 15) later on Saturday evening. On Sunday it's lighter fare with 'Dr Strangelove' (1964, Cert: PG) and 'Bridget Jones' Diary' (2001, Cert: 15). The drive-in will be screening films until Dec 6.

Pinewood Studios details:
    Address
    Pinewood Rd, Iver Heath, Bucks, SL0 0NH
    Bookings seetickets.com
    Times Sat, Sun: opens 4pm for 4.45pm start & 8pm for 8.45pm start
    Prices £35-£55 per car, limited to 4 persons per car

15 Comments

Original Poster

Details ]here as recommended by Time Out

]Here for booking tickets

how much :lol:

could at least show decent films

Original Poster

some of the films are classics, and i thought pretty good films. it might be that these films were even shot at pinewood studios, one of the main film studios in the UK/London eg. the amazing Bond movie sets.

costs £35-55 per car, up to 4 people in car.

Doing this at M and D's Theme park aswell in stratchclyde. What would you do if it was raining that night.

milewide;6729189

Doing this at M and D's Theme park aswell in stratchclyde. What would you … Doing this at M and D's Theme park aswell in stratchclyde. What would you do if it was raining that night.

Nevermind that what do you do if a big 4x4 parks infront of your Corsa/mini??

Original Poster

just saw this picture ... that is pretty big.
    http://www.pinewoodgroup.com/images/im_main_pproduction.jpg

"For its special winter series of Drive-In movies, Pinewood has temporarily transformed its unique outdoor water filming facility into the world’s largest cinema screen, sized 73.1M wide x 18.3M in height."

I got an email bout this.
    Really fancied doing it as it was something different but i thought the films were pretty rubbish and def not worth paying £35-£55 for so decided against it

magough;6732347

I got an email bout this.Really fancied doing it as it was something … I got an email bout this.Really fancied doing it as it was something different but i thought the films were pretty rubbish and def not worth paying £35-£55 for so decided against it

lmao i will always trust your film reviews from now on

bwahahahaha

Alfonse;6732387

lmao i will always trust your film reviews from now onbwahahahaha

+101

Original Poster

magough;6732347

I got an email bout this.Really fancied doing it as it was something … I got an email bout this.Really fancied doing it as it was something different but i thought the films were pretty rubbish and def not worth paying £35-£55 for so decided against it

do you mean rubbish because it's not a hollywood blockbuster?

you do know the difference between dvd quality and for a screen projection that size you'll have to have a super duper FILM projector, not DVD projector. think about it a 35mm-75mm size film frame to fill the screen that size – film resolution beats HD anyday!

plus £35 for 4 adults is cheaper than going to the usual cinema in your private enclosed booth ...

and may i add, kubrick is a genius. they just don't make films/stories like these lot anymore.

If you get four adults in a car the ones in the back will be staring at the back of a headrest :w00t:

Alfonse;6732387

lmao i will always trust your film reviews from now onbwahahahaha

Wasn't aware i was a film critic now :whistling:

That is MY opinion.
    I meant there were no films there that I am bothered about seeing (again)!

Goonieman;6732490

If you get four adults in a car the ones in the back will be staring at … If you get four adults in a car the ones in the back will be staring at the back of a headrest :w00t:

Again another good point!
    So it would work out a LOT more expensive (than going to the cinema), going with only TWO of you.
    ANOTHER reason i decided against it!
    Why would i pay £17.50 or £27.50 to go see a film i'm not bothered about seeing??

magough;6732943

Wasn't aware i was a film critic now :whistling:That is MY opinion.I … Wasn't aware i was a film critic now :whistling:That is MY opinion.I meant there were no films there that I am bothered about seeing (again)!Again another good point!So it would work out a LOT more expensive (than going to the cinema), going with only TWO of you.ANOTHER reason i decided against it!Why would i pay £17.50 or £27.50 to go see a film i'm not bothered about seeing??

we get it you don't wanna go cos your cheap, the films are rubbish and you can;t work how four people would see the film in a car...................oh well, you will be missed :roll:

I wouldn't say the films are rubbish but I wouldn't want to see them at a drive-in, I think M&D's have a better Halloween selection both for adults and kids and alot cheaper.

scotlandsthemepark.com/hal…en/

Original Poster

oh but spamdog i gotta travel up to scotland
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions