Groups
    EXPIRED

Pink Laptop/Netbooks

Ugh, can't believe i'm posting this.

I have a female friend who's looking for a netbook/laptop. I asked her what specs and price range she was looking for and these were:

*Has to be Pink
    *10.1" to 14" screen
    *PINK
    *£200 - £450
    *relatively lightweight (i assume she means anything under ~2.4kg)
    *She'll be using it mostly for Uni, so MS Office, bit of light java (alice.org, processing.org), surfing net
    *She wants to be able to play fable (first one) on it, so i assume something with DirectX9 capabilities
    *PINK
    *battery she says she doesn't mind about carrying Power Supply providing it's not too heavy
    *PINK LAPTOP
    *doesn't have to have bluetooth or HDMI

gawd. If she didn't mind about it being pink or not, i'd have no trouble finding a laptop for her but she definitely wants pink. it was her number one priority lol.

I saw the Sony Vaio hotukdeals.com/tag/dea…342 deal, but it seems to come with Windows 7 starter pack and a very poor GPU which probably wouldn't play Fable.

Any suggestions are very welcoming!

EDIT: Fable the lost chapters minimum specs are:

* One of the following Windows XP operating systems:
    o Windows XP Home Edition
    o Windows XP Professional
    o Windows XP Media Center Edition
    * A computer that has a 1.4 gigahertz (GHz) equivalent or a later version processor.
    * Microsoft DirectX 9.0 or a later version of Microsoft DirectX. Microsoft DirectX 9.0c is installed by Fable: The Lost Chapters.
    * 256 megabytes (MB) of system RAM.
    * 3 gigabytes (GB) of available hard disk space.
    * 32x speed or faster CD-ROM drive.
    * 64 MB shader-capable video card.
    * A sound card and either a set of speakers or a set of headphones are required for audio.
    * A Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device.

(I can always rip the game onto USB and install it that way... if the netbook/laptop doesn't have a CD/DVD-ROM

4 Comments

Original Poster

Thanks for the reply, nomeames.

I'll forward those links to her but i think she wanted something sub-14 inch rather than 15"

take fable to a sony store. they will install and check it for u

Original Poster

Not a bad idea breeville
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …45
      2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710953
      3. Halo 360 games now play on xbox one , free dlc11
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047124

See more discussions