Pioneer 50" Plasma Pioneer 5080XD

Found 17th Feb 2009
Ive been offered this tv for £750 ono.. should i take it?
Its 14 mths old, originally bought from Laskys, used minimally and properly configured, with 19 mths warranty remaining.. comes with swivel stand and under speakers also.
any help/advice much appreciated..
would my money be better spent elsewhere..

will be used for general tv, upscaling dvds and xbox 360 mostly..

cheers!

7 Comments

Perosanlly, if i was getting a 50incher, it would need to be true hi-def, which this isn't.

Having said that, the Kuro range is one of the best ranges of Plasmas to get

Banned

Kuro range has some of the deepest blacks youll find with a plasma or lcd tv.

Original Poster

thats what im worried about for the money but i dont know enough about plasmas to know if even though this isnt full hd does it still hold its own and is it worth it. is there a better alternative at this price..?
cheers again

go for it Pioneer make the best plasmas around

Original Poster

ok, so i went and saw the tv last night and it looked really good. i dont have a lot of experience with hdtvs and obviously nothing to compare it to at the time so before i give the final verdict i was just wondering if anyone knew of any better tvs for around £700 or less currently. cheers as always

Banned

slangrish;4424418

ok, so i went and saw the tv last night and it looked really good. i dont … ok, so i went and saw the tv last night and it looked really good. i dont have a lot of experience with hdtvs and obviously nothing to compare it to at the time so before i give the final verdict i was just wondering if anyone knew of any better tvs for around £700 or less currently. cheers as always

why dont you give pioneer customer service a ring and get the low down on the panel .. for my money go buy the KRP 500a :w00t:
pioneer.co.uk/uk/…tml

Original Poster

dog_cop;4424512

why dont you give pioneer customer service a ring and get the low down on … why dont you give pioneer customer service a ring and get the low down on the panel .. for my money go buy the KRP 500a :w00t:http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/archive/PDP-5080XD/index.html

woah... maybe i'll save my pennies til :santa:
Post a comment
@
    Text