Groups

Pioneer DEH-3000MP Car stereo - Wont play my MP3 discs???

Ive just fitted my DEH-3000MP last week and it wont play the MP3 discs i made for my last stereo, does anyone know if i have to create the discs in a certain way? or if my unit may be faulty? i fitted it myself so maybe ive not done it right? the cd player and tuner work fine. just playing mp3 discs say error (error 15 maybe?)

Also looking at the spec will it be ok connecting 1 amp, 1 sub and some new door speakers? i have no idea about all this stuff lol

Thanks in advance

24 Comments

How did you make the CD? What programme? MP3 CD's are created by making a "Data CD"!

Nice headunit!!

Original Poster

I made it using the data cd option on nero....

tazandsaz;4232169

It should work then? :thinking:

I used to have that exact head unit, very nice it is too!

Are you making the CD's with Vista? make sure you change them to 'mastered' in the options when you burn them otherwise anything other than Vista won't be able to read them (google ']cd burning vista mastered')

IIRC the unit has RCA outputs on the back which allow you to hook up and amp, then you'd obviously connect the sub to the amp. you can then either run the door speakers off the amp, if its 4 channel (bridgeable, so 2 of the outputs bridge to power the sub) or directly off the headunit if you get a 2 channel or 'mono' amp to drive the sub.

tazandsaz;4232169

did you close the disc? turn off multi-session?

Original Poster

Naeem786;4232183

It should work then? :thinking:

thats what i thought....i might make a new disc and try it. if it dont work ill remember the error msg and google it.....think it was error 15..ill have a look

tazandsaz;4232193

thats what i thought....i might make a new disc and try it. if it dont … thats what i thought....i might make a new disc and try it. if it dont work ill remember the error msg and google it.....think it was error 15..ill have a look

Yea make sure its fully burned and you putting them on CDs? :?

Original Poster

chrishill;4232184

I used to have that exact head unit, very nice it is too!Are you making … I used to have that exact head unit, very nice it is too!Are you making the CD's with Vista? make sure you change them to 'mastered' in the options when you burn them otherwise anything other than Vista won't be able to read them (google ']cd burning vista mastered')IIRC the unit has RCA outputs on the back which allow you to hook up and amp, then you'd obviously connect the sub to the amp. you can then either run the door speakers off the amp, if its 4 channel (bridgeable, so 2 of the outputs bridge to power the sub) or directly off the headunit if you get a 2 channel or 'mono' amp to drive the sub.

ah thanks yeah im using vista, ill give that a go.

audio66.com/pro…479 thats the amp and sub
    shop.audioimages.co.uk/vib…tml them the speakers

should be ok?

also if i got say an amp wiring kit would it include everything?

also i was advised to get a speaker adapter kit to fit them nice into my door (fiesta 1999)

Original Poster

ah ive been using power to go i think, not nero....

The wiring kit should have everything, it its advised to get mounts but if you can fit them on nicely you wont need to really! You can do most of the woring yourself as feeding it through the carpet to the boot and the battery!

BTW The site were you got your speakers from looks exactly like the one I made for a project in Uni!! :-D

Original Poster

Naeem786;4232272

The wiring kit should have everything, it its advised to get mounts but … The wiring kit should have everything, it its advised to get mounts but if you can fit them on nicely you wont need to really! You can do most of the woring yourself as feeding it through the carpet to the boot and the battery!BTW The site were you got your speakers from looks exactly like the one I made for a project in Uni!! :-D

lol i didnt get my speakers from there...i got em off ebay...but the listing didnt give much info so linked to the first one on google lol...

ive wired an amp and sub with my friend in his old car before and it was annoying...cos u have to put the speaker wires in the skirts and keep the power away from them etc and id rather get someone pro to do it for me hah

tazandsaz;4232234

ah thanks yeah im using vista, ill give that a … ah thanks yeah im using vista, ill give that a go.http://www.audio66.com/product.asp?id=5479 thats the amp and subhttp://shop.audioimages.co.uk/vibe-slick-50-525inch-2-way-coaxial-speaker-p-417.html them the speakersshould be ok?also if i got say an amp wiring kit would it include everything?also i was advised to get a speaker adapter kit to fit them nice into my door (fiesta 1999)

I can see why you've gone for the FLI active sub, but TBH you'd be better with a separate amp/sub - thats another discussion though! so long as those speakers are the correct size for your care and you get the wiring kit, you should have everything you need.

I'd advise you get some industrial Velcro to hold the sub in place (halfords do it) or better still, if you can do it safely, drill some securing points in to the boot to fix it solidly. If you have a crash you REALLY don't want that thing flying around in the car :?

As for the wiring, its dead easy, the only complex bit is finding a route through from the engine bay to the inside of the car to run the power cable, usually there's a spare rubber grommet you can use near the passenger foot well though. When you're running in the RCA cable and power to the boot, take them down opposite sides of the car as having the power lines running alongside the RCA's can cause interference.

Original Poster

chrishill;4232344

I can see why you've gone for the FLI active sub, but TBH you'd be better … I can see why you've gone for the FLI active sub, but TBH you'd be better with a separate amp/sub - thats another discussion though! so long as those speakers are the correct size for your care and you get the wiring kit, you should have everything you need.I'd advise you get some industrial Velcro to hold the sub in place (halfords do it) or better still, if you can do it safely, drill some securing points in to the boot to fix it solidly. If you have a crash you REALLY don't want that thing flying around in the car :?As for the wiring, its dead easy, the only complex bit is finding a route through from the engine bay to the inside of the car to run the power cable, usually there's a spare rubber grommet you can use near the passenger foot well though. When you're running in the RCA cable and power to the boot, take them down opposite sides of the car as having the power lines running alongside the RCA's can cause interference.

I went for the Fli cos its cheap lol. Im not looking for a mental Kick sound, just a decent enough one really.

i knew u had to keep some wires seperate couldnt remember what ones tho lol. Id rather get someone to do it for me cos im not that confident with it all. I might get my mate through to help. Im a girl ya see, we dont like getting our hands dirty lol :roll:

Original Poster

ok im off to work now but will check back here when i get back and see if i can pick ur brains a bit more lol. thanks for ur help i think ill take this disc with me and try it after work see what happens.

thanks guys

tazandsaz;4232399

I went for the Fli cos its cheap lol. Im not looking for a mental Kick … I went for the Fli cos its cheap lol. Im not looking for a mental Kick sound, just a decent enough one really.i knew u had to keep some wires seperate couldnt remember what ones tho lol. Id rather get someone to do it for me cos im not that confident with it all. I might get my mate through to help. Im a girl ya see, we dont like getting our hands dirty lol :roll:

I guessed, from the the Fli being pink, you might be female :thumbsup:

I reckon you'd be better with ]this . A larger sub will give you a better, deeper bass note, but less kick (I'm assuming here you're interested in quality and not annoying the neighbours), it's cheaper than the Fli, the same power and comes with the wiring kit... just not pink! :-D

fwiw, I've used caradiodirect before and they've been great

You are using CD-R or CD-RW and not + aren't you?

Have a look at page 15 of your manual.
    ]http//20…=uk

Original Poster

chrishill;4232541

I guessed, from the the Fli being pink, you might be female :thumbsup:I … I guessed, from the the Fli being pink, you might be female :thumbsup:I reckon you'd be better with ]this . A larger sub will give you a better, deeper bass note, but less kick (I'm assuming here you're interested in quality and not annoying the neighbours), it's cheaper than the Fli, the same power and comes with the wiring kit... just not pink! :-Dfwiw, I've used caradiodirect before and they've been great

i got it for £36 inc delivery already bought it...

u think it will sound **** like?

i wouldnt have it full belt...just like a bit of base is all..lol

Original Poster

Jumpingphil;4232579

You are using CD-R or CD-RW and not + aren't you?Have a look at page 15 … You are using CD-R or CD-RW and not + aren't you?Have a look at page 15 of your manual.]http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:cdRBsU3vS0QJ:www.service.pioneer-eur.com/peeservice/instrmanuals.nsf/0/B48631E330C8CE58C125739B002BB20E/%24File/YRD5135_DEH-3000MP.pdf+pioneer+%22error+15%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=12&gl=uk

yeah just cd-r

maybe i burned them to audio rather than data....

i didnt get a chnace to try this disc out cos i got out late but will try it tomorrow

tazandsaz;4235276

i got it for £36 inc delivery already bought it...u think it will sound … i got it for £36 inc delivery already bought it...u think it will sound **** like?i wouldnt have it full belt...just like a bit of base is all..lol

bargain for £36! It wont sound **** at all, it'll 'thump' well which is good for dance and RnB but won't drop down as low as a bigger sub would, it'll still make you go :w00t: when you first turn it on!

Original Poster

chrishill;4235641

bargain for £36! It wont sound **** at all, it'll 'thump' well which is … bargain for £36! It wont sound **** at all, it'll 'thump' well which is good for dance and RnB but won't drop down as low as a bigger sub would, it'll still make you go :w00t: when you first turn it on!

lol will be better than what it is now anyway....ford fiesta speakers...:?

now just need the wiring kit i think.....dont have one spare do u? or know a cheap place?

Original Poster

chrishill;4235641

bargain for £36! It wont sound **** at all, it'll 'thump' well which is … bargain for £36! It wont sound **** at all, it'll 'thump' well which is good for dance and RnB but won't drop down as low as a bigger sub would, it'll still make you go :w00t: when you first turn it on!

just realised ur in gatesheeed lol....im in carlisle and my fam are from sooth shields lol...so...if i came to you...you'd fit it right? haha:thumbsup:

tazandsaz;4236647

lol will be better than what it is now anyway....ford fiesta … lol will be better than what it is now anyway....ford fiesta speakers...:?now just need the wiring kit i think.....dont have one spare do u? or know a cheap place?

nah I don't have a spare, sorry! I reckon that site I posted links to before will be your best bet price-wise: caraudiodirect.com

tazandsaz;4237120

just realised ur in gatesheeed lol....im in carlisle and my fam are from … just realised ur in gatesheeed lol....im in carlisle and my fam are from sooth shields lol...so...if i came to you...you'd fit it right? haha:thumbsup:

aye you're not far from me at all, I work near Hexham too! As for fitting it... I've done my own a few times but I'd not trust myself with anyone elses pride and joy! :-D Its dead easy though, give it a bash yourself, you can't really go far wrong and you'll learn a hell of alot

Original Poster

lol ah well ill get my m8 over to have a go....

this ebay one ok 250362667574
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767294
      2. Beer experts help required!22
      3. word association Game73944500
      4. What would be HELL to you?2226

See more discussions