Are PIP Mandatory Reviews delayed due to COVID 19?

Posted 8th JunEdited by:"tmohammad"
Just wondering if anyone else is in this situation where they got refused a renewal of PIP and asked for a review of the decision.

I sent ours off mid march and have not heard anything yet? Are the offices closed due to COVID19?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Sorry can't really help, but my wife's is due in September, but I would imagine they will have massive back log now.

What they will do will be interesting.
It's phone calls as far as I know
They do phone calls here in northern Ireland not sure about anywhere else
Everyone's been given a 3 month extension. They are suppoed to be doing all the reviews by phone, if you need an interview.
The rules state they have to give you 7 days notice by mail, but people are reporting that some of the interviewers are just calling out of the blue!

It's covered a lot of the benefits forums.
They are running behind with all pip claims....they still have people answering the phone lines....I had to phone the other week to see why my claim hadn’t moved any further forward from jan and managed to get a phone appointment booked in for the following week...just waiting on a decision now...I would gone and chase it up as it might help!
Mich8ll808/06/2020 08:00

They are running behind with all pip claims....they still have people …They are running behind with all pip claims....they still have people answering the phone lines....I had to phone the other week to see why my claim hadn’t moved any further forward from jan and managed to get a phone appointment booked in for the following week...just waiting on a decision now...I would gone and chase it up as it might help!

*phone*
I think the whole PIP process is running slow. My son applied in December, and only got his award mid-May. But we also didn't need to do an interview.
Thanks for all the replies, I think we fell into the halfway house... Pre COVID we filled the forms to renew and during the corona the decision was made to take the award away. Then I tried ringing to get a mandatory review of the decision, but the lines were down. So we filled in a downloadable form and sent it mid March. Its been received as the post office tracking tells me so. However, we have NOT got any response from them in nearly 3 months!
It's only phone calls at the mo I believe and they normally have a massive back log especially at the mo
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants