Unfortunately this deal is no longer valid
Expired

pipe

Posted 11th Apr
what is this pipe, i am trying to plug in my Washing machine waste but work in there so what is it for

3213291-EFliG.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
36 Comments
deleted1080215
It looks like a self-tapping waste pipe. Though it's a bit strange as the 'thread' on the end doesn't look tapered, so it's not a true thread.
it looks like one of these
screwfix.com/p/m…766

If it is then part of the end is missing.
this was inside it on a spring
37446603-CCJYN.jpg
question is what can i do to make it a washing machine waste pipe, tried just sticking it in and water came out lol
37446624-fe23Y.jpg washing machine on left was on the right and that's another waste pipe on right, wanna put wanna put dishwahser on right
37446625-hX7i6.jpg
You need to take that off and get one of these, as the fitting on the end is for something else
screwfix.com/p/w…883
You shouldn't need to do any cutting though, as the hole is already there

37446780-VuD1A.jpg
just it just screw off, is it Easy to put on or do i have to align it
will this fit
not too sure what you are intending to do

looks as others say you are missing a part which has cut into the pipe - if lucky you can get the attachment from another and it may fit. Replacing the complete previous cut with another I am not sure is the route I would attempt.

Personally I think I would consider sealing the attachment or replacing the pipe already cut into and replace the trap with something like this screwfix.com/p/f…794 or if needing two - this screwfix.com/p/f…137
Bertz995 h, 21 m ago

not too sure what you are intending to do looks as others say you are …not too sure what you are intending to do looks as others say you are missing a part which has cut into the pipe - if lucky you can get the attachment from another and it may fit. Replacing the complete previous cut with another I am not sure is the route I would attempt.Personally I think I would consider sealing the attachment or replacing the pipe already cut into and replace the trap with something like this https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-sink-washing-machine-trap-white-40mm/12794 or if needing two - this https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-dual-sink-wash-trap-white-40mm/33137

tried the dual double one ,but it went too low and didn't match up with pipes
You may get away with using one of these, it's difficult to know from the picture.

Screwfix
themorgatron3 m ago

You may get away with using one of these, it's difficult to know from the …You may get away with using one of these, it's difficult to know from the picture.Screwfix

as mention i did try buying the dual one but the pipe went too low so would connect with rest and there sealed what seems to be silcolon for some reason so really difficult so take off.

i order a new pipe clamp from link i posted as other says the hole is already there
Looks like a non return waste pipe.
themorgatron18 m ago

You may get away with using one of these, it's difficult to know from the …You may get away with using one of these, it's difficult to know from the picture.Screwfix

and the pipe came with one of them, but it was few mm too small too screw one.
and i can't screw top off, really tight , the black sink bit just goes round
just going from past experience i would of gone with the mcalpine one for the few quid extra
maddogb12/04/2019 10:28

just going from past experience i would of gone with the mcalpine one for …just going from past experience i would of gone with the mcalpine one for the few quid extra

Which one that, i went back to store and he told me i can cut the pipe with the y shape so it will fit ,he told me to get someone to hold the plug, why i grip the waste pipe.
Pricklerickle7 m ago

Which one that, i went back to store and he told me i can cut the pipe …Which one that, i went back to store and he told me i can cut the pipe with the y shape so it will fit ,he told me to get someone to hold the plug, why i grip the waste pipe.

not sure i get what you mean? to replace that unit you will need to undo the four screws holding it in place, i just find when i have bought plastic plumbing mcalpine is usually better quality and more forgiving slight misalignments etc.
haven't got car so was easier to get from Amazon, review seem oka ,lot of bad ones from it not cutting
If you want to line it up perfectly, screw the cutting tool into the connection so that it poked out, then just put it into the hole on the pipe, bolt everything up and remove cutting tool.
esar3 m ago

If you want to line it up perfectly, screw the cutting tool into the …If you want to line it up perfectly, screw the cutting tool into the connection so that it poked out, then just put it into the hole on the pipe, bolt everything up and remove cutting tool.

awesome, just right at back so awakard,.

i got two options, easy but awakrd is to replace at back, but right at back so awakrd to get too.

or replace pipe at front but also awakrd as it quite stuck at top and need precisions to cut right for the pipe
and thanks people for all your help
Pricklerickle11/04/2019 22:01

[Image] washing machine on left was on the right and that's another waste …[Image] washing machine on left was on the right and that's another waste pipe on right, wanna put wanna put dishwahser on right

Can't you just change the trap which had a side for a washing machine fitting and leave the other things as they are.
37451317-qGcMs.jpgSome thing like this
i found it
i took out the spring valve in there tho
MynameisM12/04/2019 15:50

Can't you just change the trap which had a side for a washing machine …Can't you just change the trap which had a side for a washing machine fitting and leave the other things as they are.

It'd smell,and the waste might flow out, unless you capped it off, might as well replace.
esar12/04/2019 17:07

It'd smell,and the waste might flow out, unless you capped it off, might …It'd smell,and the waste might flow out, unless you capped it off, might as well replace.

oka i got the self cutting and the piece screws on top, but when i screw it on,its on but keeps going round and round so when i tested it, it had water dribbling out.

now would ptfe tape fix this or shall i get the original part but looking at one review it said it didn't come with the part.
Pricklerickle12/04/2019 22:25

oka i got the self cutting and the piece screws on top, but when i screw …oka i got the self cutting and the piece screws on top, but when i screw it on,its on but keeps going round and round so when i tested it, it had water dribbling out.now would ptfe tape fix this or shall i get the original part but looking at one review it said it didn't come with the part.

So you've screwed the new fitting into the pipe with the hole on it aligning it with the cutting tool, then pushed the rubber hose from the washing machine onto the end of the new pipe, where does it leak?
It looks like it's a non return waste vaslve
esar12/04/2019 23:25

So you've screwed the new fitting into the pipe with the hole on it …So you've screwed the new fitting into the pipe with the hole on it aligning it with the cutting tool, then pushed the rubber hose from the washing machine onto the end of the new pipe, where does it leak?

no cause it really awkward to put new fitting in as copper pipes in way to screw it, on, so I tried screwing on the piece that was missing but its like when you screw something on its on and tight, and then it stops screwing but this just keep screwing, so i am thinking some ptfe tape
Pricklerickle13/04/2019 07:50

no cause it really awkward to put new fitting in as copper pipes in way …no cause it really awkward to put new fitting in as copper pipes in way to screw it, on, so I tried screwing on the piece that was missing but its like when you screw something on its on and tight, and then it stops screwing but this just keep screwing, so i am thinking some ptfe tape

What if you took it all apart for better access, including pushing pipe from outside back in?
esar7 h, 3 m ago

What if you took it all apart for better access, including pushing pipe …What if you took it all apart for better access, including pushing pipe from outside back in?

that could be one way but managed to wrap some tape around it which helps and tray at bottom to collect odd drips.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions