Groups

pirated dvds and music

Banned
    if it werent with poeple downloading music and films would dvds and cd's be so cheap as they are today
    what does poeple think and whats your opoinions on fake films and music
    and does any1 actualy do this themselves

i personally dont buy fake dvds the qaulity is usualy rubbish and would rather wait for the origanal

32 Comments

I dnt download rubbish copies.

I Work For The Police And Trading Standards So I Dont

i dunno really the quality on some of them is better than your spelling. lol:whistling::p:w00t:

vengod;4021432

I dnt download rubbish copies.

Loooooool

no, they wouldn't be as cheap.

fake dvds are pulling real prices down.

I don't buy many dvd's. if i do they are often as a result of a HUKD post.

Banned

raptorcigs;4021445

I Work For The Police And Trading Standards So I Dont

I do believe your nose has just grown longer!!!!:p

guv;4021463

I do believe your nose has just grown longer!!!!:p

SHUSH WATCH ALL THE LITTLE FLAMES GO OUT

Original Poster Banned

bargain surfer;4021446

i dunno really the quality on some of them is better than your spelling. … i dunno really the quality on some of them is better than your spelling. lol:whistling::p:w00t:

hey this thread is not about how thick i am lol:whistling::oops:

i get all mine from the local chinese "triads" their customer service is second to none, no problems with exchange on poor copies.
    after i've watched em i sell em on and get a little drink for my trouble as i have a good deal with my supplier being a regular and all that. so i do not pay for movies at all.

Banned

Piracy is a crime do not accept it, but i wont tell if you don't

Original Poster Banned

bargain surfer;4021532

i get all mine from the local chinese "triads" their customer service is … i get all mine from the local chinese "triads" their customer service is second to none, no problems with exchange on poor copies.after i've watched em i sell em on and get a little drink for my trouble as i have a good deal with my supplier being a regular and all that. so i do not pay for movies at all.

but would you not rather wait till the real dvd came out i find that the copies are blurry and the sound is poor compared to the real 1s

paid £1 per copy sold at £1.50 per copy.
    Result = profit.
    No residual cost to me.
    If the print is bad i get an exchange or just don't watch it.
    lol

JK

DVDs wouldnt be cheap as they are today if people werent illiegally downloading them. you only have to check back before the internet started to see the prices of VHS videos, Tapes, then CDs....when the internet became popular and was then capable of downloading music and movies, prices started to come down in a bid to get people to buy the original.

Personally I dont wholly agree with this approach but its one of the very few and effective means to curb corporate greed.

I'm all for paying money for the originals...but when its obvious that the price is extortionate then I aint gonna do it. And other people follow the principle of "If I can get the same item elsewhere at a cheaper price." well...common sense prevails really......:-D

garethquilt;4021574

but would you not rather wait till the real dvd came out i find that the … but would you not rather wait till the real dvd came out i find that the copies are blurry and the sound is poor compared to the real 1s

not if you know the name aXXo and you author yourself, but like everything this varies, and you ain't seen me
    right.

StevenA2000_uk;4021631

DVDs wouldnt be cheap as they are today if people werent illiegally … DVDs wouldnt be cheap as they are today if people werent illiegally downloading them. you only have to check back before the internet started to see the prices of VHS videos, Tapes, then CDs....when the internet became popular and was then capable of downloading music and movies, prices started to come down in a bid to get people to buy the original.Personally I dont wholly agree with this approach but its one of the very few and effective means to curb corporate greed.I'm all for paying money for the originals...but when its obvious that the price is extortionate then I aint gonna do it. And other people follow the principle of "If I can get the same item elsewhere at a cheaper price." well...common sense prevails really......:-D

hear hear.

at the end of the day it costs pennies to make and sell a dvd.
    even if they sold at like £5 a go, any decent film would net a good profit, just think of £5 x several million copies.
    Also with CGI fast becoming more and more popular fo SFX and associated costs coming down, films are costing less and less to make.
    Movi Co.s are just too greedy

Banned

I always use copies.

I got fed up of seeing adverts on my genuine discs saying I was a knock off Nigel! Now i dont have to endure that carp!

imo its not just about the greed of the movie companies. its the greed of the cinemas too with their outrageous food and drink prices.
    also,why do we in britain have to wait months to see movies the americans have already seen? are we some small time backwater to be spoon fed the releases as and when the studios allow us a morsel from their table?

music cds can be downloaded from amazon for as little as 3 quid so since that 3 pounds clearly covers the artists royalty payment where does the rest of the cost go? even if you buy a chart album in asda or tesco for 7.99 the record company and the store are making more than the artist who created the work which is madness.

acecatcher3;4021645

yeah i know but u said "i dont pay for movies" which u do lol

your logic is flawed.
    if i buy 10 for £10 and sell for £15 twice i get my initial outlay back after this I "get paid" to watch movies.
    :w00t:
    [email protected]

guv;4021684

I always use copies.I got fed up of seeing adverts on my genuine discs … I always use copies.I got fed up of seeing adverts on my genuine discs saying I was a knock off Nigel! Now i dont have to endure that carp!

That advert's gotta make you laugh, like that's gonna actually deter people. Its almost as bad as that condom advert, if you wanna get respect use a condom :lol:

Banned

stgeorge;4021914

That advert's gotta make you laugh, like that's gonna actually deter … That advert's gotta make you laugh, like that's gonna actually deter people. Its almost as bad as that condom advert, if you wanna get respect use a condom :lol:

Nah, thats not my way of thinking.

Why put that advert on a genuine disc to annoy people with it in the first place - especially when you can't by-pass it. I mean - you just bought the damned thing! Why would they insult you by forcing you to sit though it!!!

Well, I download films from time to time, but I'm strongly against people selling copies on. I think it's completely immoral & that's what's damaging to the industry.
    People can say that I'm a bad person for downloading films, but I don't care. When they become available on DVD, I buy them, where's the harm in that?

pirates of the carrabiean

MercutioLeonhart;4021949

Well, I download films from time to time, but I'm strongly against people … Well, I download films from time to time, but I'm strongly against people selling copies on. I think it's completely immoral & that's what's damaging to the industry.People can say that I'm a bad person for downloading films, but I don't care. When they become available on DVD, I buy them, where's the harm in that?

YOU are a BAD PERSON d/loading dvd's.
    What happened to supporting your "local independant" Triad DVD seller?
    If i could, i would slap your hand. lol

bargain surfer;4022012

YOU are a BAD PERSON d/loading dvd's.What happened to supporting your … YOU are a BAD PERSON d/loading dvd's.What happened to supporting your "local independant" Triad DVD seller?If i could, i would slap your hand. lol

Lol, now I feel complete, knowing that the bad side of me has exposed his beautiful head & will live to download again
    Unfortunately though, I live in a small town in Shropshire, which seems to be lacking on the Local Triad DVD Distributors... Do you think that's my fault? If so, I'll begrudgingly accept a virtual slap on the hand

guv;4021945

Nah, thats not my way of thinking.Why put that advert on a genuine disc … Nah, thats not my way of thinking.Why put that advert on a genuine disc to annoy people with it in the first place - especially when you can't by-pass it. I mean - you just bought the damned thing! Why would they insult you by forcing you to sit though it!!!

What really annoys me on a dvd is when you can't just skip to the beginning of the film cos it makes you scroll through all the trailers.
    It also takes forever to get to the title screen, it feels like Ive just wasted another few minutes of my life being forced to watch something I don't want to, why can't it just zoom to the main screen?

Watching all the award nominated films is great right now!

MercutioLeonhart;4022205

Lol, now I feel complete, knowing that the bad side of me has exposed his … Lol, now I feel complete, knowing that the bad side of me has exposed his beautiful head & will live to download againUnfortunately though, I live in a small town in Shropshire, which seems to be lacking on the Local Triad DVD Distributors... Do you think that's my fault? If so, I'll begrudgingly accept a virtual slap on the hand

http://www.emailvirals.com/data/media/2/virtual_bitch_slap.gif

A Slap on the face is more appropriate in light of your admission imho.

anybody in here called nigel?

you wanna buy dvd?, names charlie, charlie wong.

I download, am i a bad person?:oops:

gap30;4023129

I download, am i a bad person?:oops:

You is going to hell!

You do realize your ISP is monitoring your connection & will report you to the feds soon :pirate:

stgeorge;4023162

You is going to hell! You do realize your ISP is monitoring your … You is going to hell! You do realize your ISP is monitoring your connection & will report you to the feds soon :pirate:

Oops! im goin underground:whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!56
      2. Beer experts help required!46
      3. Does the app aznog still work?22
      4. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 233

See more discussions