Pirated Windows 7 - Can I upgrade to Windows 10?

Found 3rd Jul 2016
Hello, I had a really old desktop pc, which I'm sure is running a pirated version of Windows 7

My question is: has anyone who has a pirated version of Windows 7 upgraded to W10?

What happens? I'm guessing with Microsoft pushing W10, would I get a clean activated W10?

Thanks
Community Updates
AskWindowsWindows 10
17 Comments
Original Poster
Another question, if I upgraded to W10, should I then again do another clean install?
You can install/upgrade Win10 that would be unactivated version. No way can can turn pirated Win 7 to genuine activated Win 10.

I personally did this on mine and there is no difference to W10 with the following even showing in settings

http://oi66.tinypic.com/4hd0fm.jpg

I upgraded then did another clean install afterwards just to keep it tidy but that's upto you
itsgun4u

You can install/upgrade Win10 that would be unactivated version. No way … You can install/upgrade Win10 that would be unactivated version. No way can can turn pirated Win 7 to genuine activated Win 10.

oh but you can ;).
I should imagine so. I have a pc which had windows 8 on a hidden hard drive partition which was great, until the hard drive packed up. They say it should self activate if installed from a cd, but it never, so I used certain pieces of software to make it show as activated, then I was able to upgrade this to 10.
itsgun4u

You can install/upgrade Win10 that would be unactivated version. No way … You can install/upgrade Win10 that would be unactivated version. No way can can turn pirated Win 7 to genuine activated Win 10.

I had a pirate copy i now run full win 10 , just need a legit key / program to generate keys ( which i have )
Yes you can.
I think the question is can you go downgrade back to 7 if you install 10. Many have not been impressed with 10 and regretted installing it. I am one of those, but none the less have persevered with it, as I try to modernise and move with the tech times. It babyfies so much, and reduces (or conceals) options, and then its gets frustrating trying to find out or work out how to do what basic thing you used to be able to do in a second. The worst thing of all is the Windows Mail, absolutely horrendous to use. Not practical or fit for purposes to be frank. But like I say I am sticking with it and giving it a chance (but its been a few months now and its a big chance its had).
Banned
Just pirate windows 10.
WonkyDoctor

Just pirate windows 10.

Yes once a thief always a thief.
Banned
Dave_dave69

Yes once a thief always a thief.

I tell myself every time MS release new software after 12 months making the old stuff obsolete.
Some say that if Windows 7 is pirated using an "activator", then it MAY activate successfully on a Windows 10 upgrade.
Why not buy a key for around £7 and upgrade that way. Something like eBay item 162101605974. Did this for my son. Had to ring up to activate but worked OK and then upgraded to Win 10.
I have tested this myself to see if it works and it does work. Fully activated Windows 10 for free basically...
Rid1

I have tested this myself to see if it works and it does work. Fully … I have tested this myself to see if it works and it does work. Fully activated Windows 10 for free basically...

Ive run upgrade for win 7 ultimate but no luck. Firstly no upgrade icon on bottom right hand corner so have to go onto Microsoft website and download window 10 upgrade.
I start the download and then installing gets stuck at 99%, then nothing.
Perhaps need to do win 7 home premium?
DarkReborn11

Ive run upgrade for win 7 ultimate but no luck. Firstly no upgrade icon … Ive run upgrade for win 7 ultimate but no luck. Firstly no upgrade icon on bottom right hand corner so have to go onto Microsoft website and download window 10 upgrade.I start the download and then installing gets stuck at 99%, then nothing.Perhaps need to do win 7 home premium?

​I used Windows 7 Ultimate, worked perfectly although the first time I tried to upgrade it got stuck somewhere, so I restarted the upgrade and left it it upgrading for the day. Came back later and everything was perfect
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants